“Just for fun”

Amerigo Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Amerigo Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,467 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park Avenue
Description: Amerigo is a locally owned Italian restaurant in Memphis, TN. Authentic Italian pastas, hand-made pizzas, fresh seafood and wood-fired steaks offer something for everyone at Amerigo. And if your tastes veer toward wine, you'll find everything from affordable, every day wines to single vineyard varietals from Piedmont to Sicily. Amerigo serves lunch and dinner daily, as well as brunch on Sunday. Early bird is available daily between 4-6pm, and we offer over 15 gluten-free dishes to choose from. Reservations, private dining and catering services are available for groups of all sizes.
Placitas, New Mexico
“Just for fun”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Good food, good drinks, friendly service. Enjoy the ambiance. Tanya makes the best Italian margaritas!!!!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Service was fast and the seafood was fresh.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Since I do not get seafood at home often, I try to get it on the road. Amerigo did not disappoint. I have eaten there about 4 times. Twice with large parties (8 to 10) and twice on my own. I have had various versions of broiled seafood and seafood with pasta dishes. I try to avoid fried and heavy cream sauces and each time what I ordered was fresh, well prepared, and not a calorie bomb. I did not drink but the wine list looks very good. I work for FedEx and I come to Memphis often. I would recommend Amerigo for both business and pleasure.

• Visited June 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“This Place Lost My Business And A Lot More”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My Mother and I and her friends come here at least 3 to 5 times a month. Tonight, which is June 3rd, 2014 my Mother and I ate here. We both ordered salmon. To drink ,Mom ordered a glass of water and I ordered a unsweet tea. When the drink order came, I added 2 splenda to my tea and downed more than half the glass, then realizing it was not unsweet tea, but sweet tea. You can't imagine how I felt, since i have DIABETES and can't have sugar. I felt like I was about to pass out and the manager and waiter came around asking me if I was ok. I said I would be fine. Then I ate a few bites of my salmon and we asked for to go boxes because I didn't feel good at all. I had to leave to get home to take some medicine to lower my blood sugar, which my sugar ended up being 245 when I checked it. The manager didn't seem to care at all. His name was Andrew. You would think that doing what they did to me, they would have at least discounted our meal, or taken mine off the check completely but no, they didn't take one red cent off. Now, not only have they lost my Mother, myself and her friends she comes here with all the time, I will be spreading the word in the Jewish community not to do business with these people and also be writing comments all over the Internet, telling the truth how I almost passed out because they brought a diabetic sweet tea and didn't care one bit. The manager asked if I was ok, but then cared about getting our money more than he did my health. Way to go Andrew. You just cost yourself a lot of business.

• Visited June 2014
Germantown, Tennessee
“Great lunch or dinner restaurant”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I most often go for lunch where there are great options for salads, salads with salmon or half/half salad and pizza - my most recent choice and very tasty! Very good service is the norm.

Visited May 2014
Denver
“Sooooo good!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great food, ambiance, yummy food. I was surprised how much I liked this place (in Memphis of all places!!!). Highly recommend!!!

Visited January 2014