“Sandwiches, bar food and relaxing” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Memphis, Tennessee
“Sandwiches, bar food and relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Lots of parking available behind the building, comfortable bar with lots of tables, was not busy when I was there so sandwich was served fast. Waite staff very welcoming. Charges 50 cents for a to-go box. Smoking permitted. Food was good.

• Visited April 2014

New Westminster, Canada
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

A few days ago we went for lunch in the Blue Monkey. Great food,had the wild rice and chicken dinner. It was outstanding.Great service.

Visited July 2013
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
“Really gone down!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We ate there on a Saturday night. No one was there to greet and seat us. We seated ourselves and waited for a waitress so long that I went to the bar and got our menus. It was so empty that it looked like a week night. Then, we ordered our food, a chicken club sandwich and their stuffed mushrooms. Both were so bad we didn't finish them. The mushrooms needed salt, seasoning, something. The chicken was bland. The fries were probably frozen. We ordered beer and water. The water never got refilled. I think they're going under. This place used to be hopping! What happened? I think I'll skip it next time I'm in town and try to remember when it was one of my favorites.

• Visited May 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Worst Place Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We went there for our friends 21st birthday. My wife who is 39 did not have her license. They would not let her in. She stayed outside and we went in. we went to the patio area where she was. One of our friends brought her a beer. The jerk off bouncer said she can't drink that and slapped the beer and my friends drink out of their hands. seriously? we are not 20 and for him to do that was totally out of control. I am 50 years old and they carded me too. Would I ever come back? NO The owner actually came out to the porch and he couldn't even talk coherently. I think he was drunk. I paid the bill even though we never even got to enjoy our drinks. Get real. If we were 20 year old college kids, I would understand, but we are older professional people and can't believe this happened.

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great New Years Eve early dinner without the crowds after Liberty Bowl!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Not crowed but great food early on a very busy night EVERYWHERE. It was cranking up as we were leaving. Did I mention the food was great too!

Visited December 2011