“delectable dining”

Ranked #169 of 1,436 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
“delectable dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Great Vietnamese food! As a Vietnamese foodie, the operation is small, so cook is in the back and limited servers. Patience is required so if there's a rush...It could take some time. In fact, there was a couple who sat there for 30 minutes before ordering. The dishes are worth waiting for. We ordered the tom dish(can't remember the exact name), muc rang sat tay, and do ben (seafood combination dish). All very well seasoned with large portions. Don't go expecting a fancy schmacy interior and four dining experience. Go with friends who appreciate food and company bc the food is well worth the wait. The servers are polite and hard working, they're just limited on servers.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Vietnamese buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Driving from Nashville to Hot Springs; found it through TA and stopped here for lunch. The place isn't much to look at, but the buffet was delicious and the front-of-house guy was very pleasant. There is a single serving table from the buffet, but it's kept well-stocked. I didn't try the pho; I had some combination of tofu, chicken, and vegetables over rice, plus a pork spring roll; it wasn't amazing, but it wasn't heavy or greasy and everything was pretty fresh. As much as it pained me to pass on Memphis barbecue, it was a better choice for a quick meal on the road. Would definitely eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

For the last 3 weeks my husband and I have been travelling the south of the USA. As you can imagine, weve been gorging ourselves on the amazingly delicious food the south has to offer, I really needed something a bit lighter. Missing the comforts of home, I was severely craving Vietnamese food which is a favourite and staple in my day to day diet. After spending a few days in Memphis, we decided to give this place a try and I am so happy we did!

Now, aesthetically, it's probably not that pleasing for some and may put some off but if you can look past that, you won't be disappointed.

The servers/staff are lovely and friendly as soon as you walk in. You may have to wait a couple of minutes if you want to dine in though, they were packed out when we walked in over lunchtime naturally.

We chose to avoid the buffet as we were specifically after spring rolls and pho so I can't really comment too much on the buffet other than they were constantly topping it up and it had a good variety of dishes to please most people.

The spring rolls were delicious and fresh and the warm peanut sauce it comes with, delish! I could've eaten a bucket of the sauce on its own.

The egg rolls were fantastic and there were a heap of them on the plate! I love how they also served them with lettuce to wrap the roll into!

My husband and I both got the pho tai which is the beef noodle soup. Honestly, I've had a lot of pho but this one would rival all of them. Served with a heap of clean and fresh greens and shoots, it really hit a spot for me. One of the servers took it to another level for us by suggesting we mix hoisin and chilli sauce in a separate bowl to dip our beef into. We tried it and I will never again eat my pho beef without doing this, I couldn't believe the difference it made!

The servers were attentive the entire meal, our drinks never got down to half empty before they'd come over and top them up.

The price blew me away, we got egg rolls, spring rolls, 2 x phos, drinks for 2 and it was under $30. I would've happily spent double this and have in the past at Vietnamese restaurants and gotten less!

If you want something delicious, fresh and for a decent price in Memphis, give this place a go and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
houston
“Not Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Had been to this restaurant in 2011 and liked it for its vegetarian menu. This time, found the tofu to have been cooked in fish oil. Place needed a good cleaning.

Visited May 2013
Arkansas
“Excellent Pho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Loved the pho. We found this spot through trip advisor and we are glad we did. Really fresh food. It's in a strip mall just around the corner from a Chinese grocery store. Go during daylight hours. Reasonable priced. Enjoy the adventure.

Been to Pho Hoa Binh? Share your experiences!