“good seafood”

Dining options: After-hours
Vicksburg MS
“good seafood”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a large group of 6 adults and 3 children, ages 2 to 12, for lunch the day after Thanksgiving. We were greeted warmly and table set up promptly to accommodate us. Our server was very efficient and agreeable. Everyone was pleased with their food: several had the fried catfish plate lunch, 2 of us had amberjack sandwich, 1 had red beans and rice, 1 had oysters and crab bisque, and another had chicken sandwich. Sides were good as well. Gumbo was good, but not special; need to make a better roux to start. Total tab with gratuity added was around $150 with wine and bloody marys for the adults. Comfortable setting, will definitely go back when in town,

• Visited November 2013

Memphis, TN
“Could Not Get Service!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Have ate at this half shell on a couple of occasions over the years. I never thought the service was great, but I would not have said it was bad neither. That was until today, when we had trouble getting someone to wait on us (even though hardly anyone was there), and then after recieving our drinks could not get our waiter to come back. Some fifteen minutes later, we asked for the check for our drinks, and could not even get an apology or attempt to ask us if we wanted to stay. I could not believe the level of disrespect or at a minimum unconcern over how a loyal customer was being treated. Sorry, I hate to be this way, but I would not recommend this location on Winchester to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Grizzliesfan
Houston, Texas
“Worse half shell!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I hate doing bad reviews but this was maybe my worse ever experience at a restaurant. I had an invisible waiter, who took my order, brought the food, and brought the check no refills no check ins to see how the food was. I am a huge seafood fan and enjoyed the one in Biloxi, MS a year ago but this was not up to par. The food also seemed rush, and lacked the taste of the previous one I tasted.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank TDavis26
Florida
“Service was Great - Food pretty good”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Service was great at this restaurant. The menu has a lot to offer including many seafood entrees. Food was good - met expectations. The restaurant can use a little sprucing up. Some of the tables and chairs showing a lot of wear and tear..

• Visited March 2013
Cordova, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great, big oysters”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I always go back for their big oysters on the half shell - way to keep me coming back Half Shell! I also received good service and the ambiance was perfect for the occasion.

Visited March 2013

Been to Half Shell? Share your experiences!