“You can't eat the decor, but it does count.”

Pete & Sam's Restaurant
Ranked #589 of 1,509 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was my first trip to this longtime Memphis landmark. I was appalled at how rundown the place looked in the public areas, made you wonder about the kitchen. The water stains on the ceiling and carpet in addition to ancient decorations were a turnoff. I'm a nostalgia nut, but dirt is dirt. We had a fantastic waiter with lots of personality. I took his advice and ordered a steak. Unfortunately, it was overcooked but replaced. Their pizza was fantastic and the salad was delicious. I'll go back, but it won't be top on my list until it gets cleaned up.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This old established family restaurant is a favorite of Memphians. Homemade ravioli is the special of the house, Their beacon salads are wonderful. It is a great place to gather with old friends as it brings back lots of memories. The food never changes. Bring your own wine. Beer is served. Some nights you can't even get into the parking lot. Just a wonderful family atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We always try to find the local places when we are visiting and I found this on travelocity. The atmosphere is great and the service was wonderful. The portions are very large and you get your money's worth. The taste of the food however was just middle of the road for us. However we may be somewhat spoiled by the best Italian food we have ever eaten only being 30 minutes from our house.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

This place has been around since 1948 and has been in this location since 1960 when I was 5 years old when my parents started taking us here, and now I am 58 and still go. Always been a family owned business and always been quality Italian Cuisine. You won't find any better.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family has eaten there since before I was born! We have done so many family functions here. The food is always good- pizza is a must!!! They always treat us like family. It's not a new & fancy place, but that's the charm of it~ same as its always been & it's neat to look at all the pictures on the wall of the famous people that love Pete & Sam's too!

Been to Pete & Sam's Restaurant? Share your experiences!