“Good Homestyle Southern Food”
Review of The Cupboard

The Cupboard
Ranked #130 of 1,446 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Gardens Area Association
Description: The Cupboard Restaurant has been serving up the freshest veggies in town since 1943. We serve breakfast all day, lunch and dinner, and offer a variety of catering options for groups both large and small. The Cupboard is also known for preparing fresh vegan and vegetarian dishes, as we do not use meat products in any of our veggies and many options are egg and cheese-free as well. The Cupboard prides itself on the fact that we have a number of customers who dine with us every single day.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good Homestyle Southern Food”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had lunch here one afternoon and really enjoyed it, the place was packed but the service was very good and very friendly. The food options change daily (Monday specials, Tuesday specials etc..) but they do have a limited number of options offered everyday. We came on a Sunday and I had Chicken Fried Chicken w/Milk Gravy with a side of turnip greens, mashed potatoes and gravy, and fried green tomatoes. All of it was simply delicious! Fresh, homemade goodness.
My companion had Fried catfish with mac n' cheese, turnip greens, and fresh buttered squash...all wonderful as well. All of this was served with rolls and cornbread with butter and ice tea. Great meal with great service..good Southern cooking!

• Visited August 2013

Olive Branch, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would go back.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Very good food and good service. Food was southern style and fresh. Parking lot was little crowded which is a sign of a good place to eat. Will return next time I am in the area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Billyp826
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Great value and great experience”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Recommended by another guest at our hotel.
Food did not disappoint.
Kiki our server was prompt and very efficient.
Vegetable choices were plentiful as were the bread baskets.
Would happily recommend.

• Visited May 2014
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great lunch place”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I travel to Memphis on business every month, have driven by this place, and never ate there in the last 5+ years of going to Memphis. A co-worker took me there that is a Memphis native, and now I am wondering why I have not been eating there. Great food, great prices, and fast service.

Visited May 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Ate here twice. Should have been once”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was recommended by a staff person at the hotel I was staying in several blocks away. The first time I had the Italian chicken breast and baked potato. If I had ordered a chicken breast without the Italian sauce, the wait person said it would take 20 minutes. So I guess the one with sauce just need to be heated. I think the sweet potato had been cooked hours before and was sitting under a heat lamp. Very mushy. The second time I went because my first choice, Mot and Ed's was closed. I had one of the specials - a ground beef with sauted onions. Sounded pretty good. The ground beef was over cooked and had gravy on it and the vegetable sides were very overcooked. There is a Bar B Q place not far away which seems to have a lot of take out. Must be good.

Visited April 2014