“One of my favorite Memphis restaurants”
Review of The Cupboard

The Cupboard
Ranked #127 of 1,493 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Gardens Area Association
Description: The Cupboard Restaurant has been serving up the freshest veggies in town since 1943. We serve breakfast all day, lunch and dinner, and offer a variety of catering options for groups both large and small. The Cupboard is also known for preparing fresh vegan and vegetarian dishes, as we do not use meat products in any of our veggies and many options are egg and cheese-free as well. The Cupboard prides itself on the fact that we have a number of customers who dine with us every single day.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

They have a great selection of home cooked vegetables and entrees. Service is good and the food is great. You really can't go wrong with any of their vegetable choices. I usually always get the vegetable plate, but my family ordered fried chicken and catfish and said it was all good. Save room for dessert!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had lunch here one afternoon and really enjoyed it, the place was packed but the service was very good and very friendly. The food options change daily (Monday specials, Tuesday specials etc..) but they do have a limited number of options offered everyday. We came on a Sunday and I had Chicken Fried Chicken w/Milk Gravy with a side of turnip greens, mashed potatoes and gravy, and fried green tomatoes. All of it was simply delicious! Fresh, homemade goodness.
My companion had Fried catfish with mac n' cheese, turnip greens, and fresh buttered squash...all wonderful as well. All of this was served with rolls and cornbread with butter and ice tea. Great meal with great service..good Southern cooking!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Very good food and good service. Food was southern style and fresh. Parking lot was little crowded which is a sign of a good place to eat. Will return next time I am in the area.

1  Thank Billyp826
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Recommended by another guest at our hotel.
Food did not disappoint.
Kiki our server was prompt and very efficient.
Vegetable choices were plentiful as were the bread baskets.
Would happily recommend.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I travel to Memphis on business every month, have driven by this place, and never ate there in the last 5+ years of going to Memphis. A co-worker took me there that is a Memphis native, and now I am wondering why I have not been eating there. Great food, great prices, and fast service.