“Best lunch and excellent service. Will be back when in the area again.”
Review of J. Alexander's

J. Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,527 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were in Memphis on pleasure and happened upon this restaurant. It was nice to find a place with excellent service. We do not want to have a personal relationship with our waiter, just good service. At J.Alexanders everyone there knew their job and did it well. They were polite and extremely helpful. They did not infringe on your time with chatty conversation. They were dressed simply and in good taste. Not that it changes the taste of the food, but in this time period where everyone dresses down it was a pleasure.
Now on to the food. We were there for lunch. The prices were very reasonable for the quality of the meal.
I had the french dip and a salad. Absolutely excellent. The salad had champagne vinaigrette dressing, fantastic flavors and a lovely presentation. Five stars in my book. The french dip was massive and the beef was wonderful. My husband had a pork dish with orzo. He said the flavors in the sauce were exceptional.
I have nothing but five stars for this restaurant What a lucky find.
Our hobby is cooking so we will never go back to a restaurant that we can do a better job then what we are served. I feel we are harsh critics.
Again you will not be disappointed. I would give them 6 stars if allowed.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I worked for the company for about five years so I'm a little bias, but the food is still excellent and the carrot cake is the best in the city.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Love J.Alexander's. Food is good, great location, no waiting. It's a great choice to get together with friends or family. The service was friendly and fast. My favorite is the Mac and cheese.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great Food!! Exceptional service!! Clean!! ticket times were on point!! If you are wanting to experience a great ambiance as well as phenomenal service and great tasting food then you have come to the right place!!! The salmon is amazing!! The steaks are great!! Wine list is big with all my favorites--Prisoner, Mer Soleil, Silver Oak, Caymus and the list continues!! Service is excellent and management is very hospitable!! I wish there was a J Alexanders in California!!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My family ate there for dinner, first of all they don't take reservation for large parties which 6 people is large for them but the front of the house was very accomadating and offered us drinks and the young kids French fries. From there it went down hill. The service was ok, not great and the food was definitely not worth coming back for. The deserts were really good though. We were at a small table and could not hear the person speak across the table.

1  Thank travelin789