“Good business lunch”

Cuisines: American, Greek, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice atmosphere for a business lunch. A little upscale, but not over the top and stuffy. There is a large bar area where you can eat and keep tabs on some of the sports action on tv.

I thought that portions were good-sized for the prices charged. The veal was good, but not the best I every had. I look forward to trying another dish next time.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is not the same experience we used to have at “the little house in the woods”. The former Jim’s Place was our go-to restaurant for birthdays, anniversaries, retirement parties, etc., and was always enjoyable. This time, not so much. We went for my wife’s birthday, and found that the service, atmosphere and food are not what they used to be. Our waitress seemed distracted by other, larger groups in the room. The food was adequate, but sub-par for the price. My steak was cooked med-rare as ordered, but seemed old or dry or something – just not quite “right”. Our waitress forgot our coffee and dessert order, then told us we would need to wait for them to make a pot of decaf coffee, which was fine with us. She brought us our dessert, a large slice of cake to split, but it was pretty dry without the coffee, which she forgot AGAIN! We had to ask for it, and she apologized profusely, but that was it – lukewarm coffee, dry cake, and neither one comped, even though I informed them of my wife’s birthday and the waitress wished her a Happy Birthday when she first came to the table. We may return to give them another chance, but probably only if one of our dinner party group recommends it.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

SInce wife and I haven't been to Jim's Place in a while, we decided to give it a try once again for lunch. We both started with the seafood gumbo which was very good with just the correct amount of spice. The only negative about the gumbo was that it could of been served a little warmer as it was just past luke warm. I had the souflima which came with rice with a grecian tomato sauce along with green beens with grecian seasoning. The meat was tender and flavorful along with the rice and green beans. The seasoning on the beans gave them a unique taste. The wife had a chicken salad plate which was freshly made and flavorful. The service was very attentive and professional. We look forward to returning in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

What a wonderful dinner we had tonight. We were greeted graciously as we entered the restaurant. Our server Isabell made our dinner so very enjoyable. Everyone's dinner was very appetizing. I will definitely go back:)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Boring menu has not changed in 20 years. They do have nightly specials. Very pricy for the portion size and quality. No atmosphere to speak of. No real reason to go there. Good for large groups.