“Our Go To Place for Thai Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Emerald Thai Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #362 of 1,509 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Delicious food. So glad they moved nearby. Lunch is so inexpensive and so good. They serve beer and Thai tea. Not much atmosphere but charming, sincere servers make it special.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We were so delighted that Emerald Thai new location was much closer to us, we drive more than an hour to get this great food.
The phad thai is amazing as well as the dumplings! The service is great! We will be back for sure!

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

First I'll say that this restaurant is not in the Memphis city limits but right outside Memphis closer to the Germantown/Cordova area. Google maps says suburb is Arlington. However, it is well worth the search! It is fairly small and located in a strip mall. Staff was very courteous, although the wait was a bit long but worth it as it was evident everything was freshly prepared. Now about the food! Incredible! The Green Curry dish was amazing. The Phad Thai was equally wonderful. This restaurant was one of those jewels that was definitely worth the search.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

My family eats here pretty regularly. It is my son's favorite place in Memphis.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I have never have had Thai food before and did a lot of research about the dishes. Not being from Memphis or familiar with Memphis I arrived at the restaurant which i found about online. First of all, the area is kinda run down and so is this restaurant. Originally I read online, that Emerald Thai Restaurant had a buffet, I was thinking what better way to become acclimated to a new food as I have with Japanese, Chinese, Mexican.....etc. When i got inside there was obviously did not have a buffet. We decided to sit down anyway. The restaurant was dirty and run down. The servers who were eating "taco bell" at a table in the dining area came and waited. The waitress didn't seem interested in helping us with deciphering the menus. I was given a diet coke that was in a small 8 oz bottle of diet coke which they charged almost 2 dollars for the date on the bottle was in april 2011, It tasted bad. We ordered an appetizer that was a sampler: spring rolls, satay (which both were excellant, but that was it) chicken which was dry and chicken wings. I ordered the pad khing, it was ok but I dont really know if it was prepared well or not. The service was not there even when you explain to the woman you have never been there before or are familiar with thai food and she doesnt help you out. This never has happened to me before. Normally when you ask for help the waitress, they help you especially with a differant cuisine. I will try another thai restaurant. Even if this was a restaurant with a familiar cuisine then I would not go back do to the lackadasical attention to cleanliness and over hygeine of the workers and the restaurant.

1  Thank bigboyswrestling