“Waitress Marci” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eighty3

Eighty3
Reserve with OpenTable
Eighty3 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Memphis Trolley line - Main St and Madison
Description: At eighty3, we have a real passion for extraordinary taste, and good times. The vision, inspired by Chef Raymond Jackson, is about locally inspired cuisine with southern sensibilities and designed for sharing or traditional dining. Eighty3 is the place to meet, to toast, to create life experiences, and share imaginative plates. Passion food. Share amongst yourselves.
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Waitress Marci”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I been to a lot of hotels and have never been treated as kind as Marci treated me and my family. She is a unique individual and very sweet and knowledgeable. I will go to this resturant everytime I go to Memphis because of my experience there. Hope her Boss reads this and commends her for her efforts, thanks for the good time. Paul B. Bridges

Hello paul b!

Thank you for visiting eighty3! We are proud to have a member of our team that cares so much and knows the expectations of eighty3. We intend to build relationships with our guests and make them feel at home! Marci always reads her Tripadvisor and I know that your kind words are greatly appreciated. Hope to see you again soon!

Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent food with a cute waiter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

All the food was awesome... and was served to us by a really cute waiter named Paul. Will definitely eat there again when we return to Memphis.

Visited June 2014
Hello Sonji j!

The staff really loved this review(Paul included)! This is what we strive for..great food..and great service! Thank you for visiting eighty3!
Holbrook, New York
“Good for drinks and brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The restaurant has a cool look and colorful design that complimented the hotel next door. We did not get a chance to to have a proper lunch or dinner due to a lack of time but breakfast was decent (although the service was a little slow and confused).I really enjoyed the eggs benedict over fried green tomatoes. We had drinks here on another occasion and the service was fine.

Hello Sneakyright!

Thank you for visiting eighty3! We are pleased that you enjoyed our fried green tomato benedict and chose to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us and I will share this with our employees. Thank you again!
Pittsburgh, PA
“Stopped for drinks...made new friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stopped in for a cocktail on a rainy afternoon and was greeted by the most friendly bar staff - Marci & Jada. Enjoyed conversation with them while relaxing. Marci showed us up to the rooftop where on clear days you can enjoy the view, listen to music, and have refreshments. We returned the next morning for a delicious breakfast where Marci was an excellent waitress & met all of our needs. That afternoon we returned & had a great day up on the roof. Would definitely stop in again on a return trip to Memphis. We enjoyed it so much that it is part of our conversation when we are telling others about our trip.

Zee S, Manager at Eighty3, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello Bnd683!

Thank you for coming to visit us at Eighty3! We are so pleased that you enjoyed Marci and Jada! We really appreciate your feedback and will post for our superstar employees to see! Please come back and see us!
Memphis, Tennessee
“50th B'day Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My sister wanted a Saturday Birthday Brunch and wanted it somewhere that we had not been before. Google lead us to Eighty3. I called and was not that impressed with the person who answered the phone, but she told me she would have someone from catering call me back. No one ever did. After seeing an unfavorable review, I decided to go check it out since no one had called. I meet Ky'Nytrea. She was absolutely GREAT!!! I told her about the above and she was apologetic and gave me a tour. She should be working in Catering. She finally called Kelly in catering. She was HORRIBLE. She wouldn't even come down to speak with me and was very rude and curt on the phone. I decided to just reserve in the restaurant. I wanted to book the Twilight. The day of the brunch we had Rico as our server and Sharita was helping him. Rico is EXCELLENT. He made our day absolutely beautiful. He saved our experience for us in so many ways and we would recommend him highly. He was courteous, patient and customer-minded. Some of my guests made specific comments about his pleasant demeanor and patient spirit. He made great recommendations and sold us on the Twlight area. He deserved an extra tip all by himself for that along with the tip to be split. The only issue we had was the check. The manager told me we would have 1 check and we came prepared to pay 1 check. I told my guests that they were to take care of their own bar tab. Sharita told us we could split the check. I told her that we were prepared for 1 check, but she told me that she could split the check because they have done that before and we agreed. This turned out to not be a good thing. She insulted us and implied several times that we were trying to stiff them and mentioned how people had stiffed her before and left unpaid items. I reassured her and so did my guests after she said it several times that we weren't thieves and would pay for everything we had partaken of. I was prepared to pay a $400 tip for them to split but she messed that up. Food was good, some items we ordered did not come out, Rico's service was great. Our experience was overall good. Thanks to Ky'Netrea and Rico for helping me make my sissy's 50th nice!

2 Thank Sheila W
Zee S, Manager at Eighty3, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello Sheila W!

Thank you for visiting Eighty3! 50 is a great number:) I am very sorry if you did not receive my voicemail. The hostess informed me of your party and I left a message for you on June 2nd. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed Rico and Ka'Nytrea and I will share your great comments with them! We only want the best experience for our guests and with that said I will definitely address the challenges that you have encountered with the other staff members. Thank you, as you may know this feedback is a great tool for us to learn and grow!

Been to Eighty3? Share your experiences!