“Very nice, twice. ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eighty3

Eighty3
Reserve with OpenTable
Eighty3 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Memphis Trolley line - Main St and Madison
Description: At eighty3, we have a real passion for extraordinary taste, and good times. The vision, inspired by Chef Raymond Jackson, is about locally inspired cuisine with southern sensibilities and designed for sharing or traditional dining. Eighty3 is the place to meet, to toast, to create life experiences, and share imaginative plates. Passion food. Share amongst yourselves.
South Florida
“Very nice, twice. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the Madison, so we decided to have breakfast here. The choices were plenty. I had the loaded grits which were delicious and filling. They had fresh squeezed orange juice which my
son loved. We came in the next day for some appetizers. My son wanted some sweet tea which they didn't have, but Laura the bartender made him some herself. He said it was the best ever! We had hummus and buffalo deviled eggs. Both were delicious. Very nice both times we ate here.

Zee S, Manager at Eighty3, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you for dining with us at Eighty3! We really appreciate this great feedback that we can share with Laura! Thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Chico, California
“Mixed Bag of Scenarios”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Located in the excellent Madison Hotel

Went in for drinks, then dinner at the bar. Bartender Carrie seemed a little out of it and she complained of low blood sugar- but she made great drinks and got the job done quick enough although there were times I was not sure. I had bacon wrapped dates, then a excellent salad with med rare steak.

Breakfast the next day was outstanding Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict - well the tomato wasn't Green but they told me that- but it was really special.

I went to dinner there the next night as it was to hot to walk anywhere. I ordered shrimp beniget which were like Chinese food number 6 shrimp. I ordered the aged New York Steak Med rare. I think this steak was aged 7 hours at Safeway grocery and was of Kroger quality. I ordered asparagus, which was the only good item. The waiter kept trying to get me to order potatoes, then sicked the other waiter on me pushing potatoes! A quick 100 bill for sub-standard food and a poorly made martini.

Despite misgivings I ordered breakfast the next day. All employees were there but not there. One walked around waving his hands, mine after 15 minutes told me no espresso and supplied me with one cup of coffee- looking to busy to do anything else, someone else brought my plate, dumped it off and ran before I could ask for more coffee. I had regular Eggs Benedict which was still excellent.

In all rather unsatisfying for a supposedly high class place

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Zee S, Manager at Eighty3, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello ManOfC0nstantS0rr0w!

I am very sorry about your experience. Our menu items are creations of our chef and kitchen staff and we always try to provide the best quality. Here at Eighty3 we are always improving the consistancy of the staff and food. Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues that need more attention and will definitely speak with our employees going forward.
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Waitress Marci”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I been to a lot of hotels and have never been treated as kind as Marci treated me and my family. She is a unique individual and very sweet and knowledgeable. I will go to this resturant everytime I go to Memphis because of my experience there. Hope her Boss reads this and commends her for her efforts, thanks for the good time. Paul B. Bridges

Hello paul b!

Thank you for visiting eighty3! We are proud to have a member of our team that cares so much and knows the expectations of eighty3. We intend to build relationships with our guests and make them feel at home! Marci always reads her Tripadvisor and I know that your kind words are greatly appreciated. Hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent food with a cute waiter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

All the food was awesome... and was served to us by a really cute waiter named Paul. Will definitely eat there again when we return to Memphis.

Visited June 2014
Hello Sonji j!

The staff really loved this review(Paul included)! This is what we strive for..great food..and great service! Thank you for visiting eighty3!
Holbrook, New York
“Good for drinks and brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The restaurant has a cool look and colorful design that complimented the hotel next door. We did not get a chance to to have a proper lunch or dinner due to a lack of time but breakfast was decent (although the service was a little slow and confused).I really enjoyed the eggs benedict over fried green tomatoes. We had drinks here on another occasion and the service was fine.

Hello Sneakyright!

Thank you for visiting eighty3! We are pleased that you enjoyed our fried green tomato benedict and chose to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us and I will share this with our employees. Thank you again!

Been to Eighty3? Share your experiences!