“Loved the dry rub on those tender ribs!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Leonard's Pit Barbecue
Ranked #76 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Central City, Kentucky
“Loved the dry rub on those tender ribs!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Absolutely delicious. The dry rub on the ribs is amazing...so tasty! The ribs were tender and you must try the onion rings. They are homemade and the batter is crunchy and not greasy at all. The service was great and incredibly welcoming. I wish I was in Memphis more often so I could eat here regularly!

• Visited November 2013

Warminster, United Kingdom
“Like stepping back in time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

From the outside the restaurant doesn't look like much, but step inside and you could have stepped back into the 1950s.

I was visiting to have a substantial lunch before I left Memphis and flew to Dallas, knowing that it would be too late to eat by the time I arrived in Dallas (little did I know the flight would be delayed by 4 hours, so this was a good plan !). On walking through the door I was greeted by an old chap that looked as though he could have been working there since Mr Leonard opened the restaurant in the 1920s, and was quickly shown to my table. The waiter was polite and friendly and showed me where to find all the items in the buffet (about $11.50 and a bargain at that). After my first visit to the selection I returned to find two glasses of iced tea on the table ready for me.

For each visit to the buffet you take a fresh plate and silverware which is a nice touch.

The selection of food was great - ribs, chicken, pork, catfish, vegetables (greens, beans and corn) and much more - I could quite happily have sat there and eaten all afternoon.

After a couple of helpings of the savoury portion of the meal, I delved into the dessert fridge for a slice of delicious looking lemon pie, and topped it off with some cobbler and fresh ice cream from the self service machine.

It was delicious, all of it. Wish I had visited earlier in the week too...

The place was busy over the time I was there, but the food was always plentiful and I managed to sample everything that I wanted too. Can't wait to return.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank David A
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good Food, speedy service, never have been disappointed, often eat here for business since they have a lunch buffet of bbq.

Visited August 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Pork was a little dry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We got carry out from here recently...ribs, BBQ pork sandwich with slaw, potato salad, and onion rings. The onion rings were my favorite and the portion size is huge, so you can share them. The potato salad was nice and mustardy. Both the ribs and BBQ pork were a little dry and begged for more sauce. The pork on the sandwich was generous, it just needed more sauce.

Visited October 2013
spartanburg, sc
“Lunch on a Thursday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I were taken to Leonard's directly from the airport. What a good introduction to Memphis BBQ! The buffet was delicious! Both dry rub and wet ribs, veggies, etc. Also some great fried catfish! And have the lemon pie for dessert. Also lot's of interesting things to look at.

Visited September 2013