“Everybody should try Absinthe once!”
Review of Absinthe Room

Absinthe Room
Ranked #15 of 59 Nightlife in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a walk on the wild side as you stumble up the psychdelic stair case leading you to 4 pool rooms, 3 overlooking Beale. Its quaint, cozy, intimate feel makes it the perfect spot to rack a few cues and enjoy a wide array of spirits. The internet juke box will keep you entertained with all your favorites, or take a bit to enjoy the world renowned collection of movie posters adorning the walls. Walk-ins are welcome and it's a great place for group gatherings.
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

The bartender was super nice and knowledgeable about everything Absinthe. She was patient while my wife asked multiple question and eased her mind about trying it for the first time. We went relatively early in the night so we basically had the place to ourselves which was fine because we wanted a place to hang out & watch the NBA finals. Only downside is it can get really loud & smoking is also permitted. Other than that, good space, lots of pool tables, beers were relatively cheap ($5), and there was a jukebox. Definitely recommend if you are trying Absinthe for the first time and want a safe place to chill.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I had the Absinthe drink for the first ever time. Watching the bartender making the drink itself is worth the money. Drink tasted completely different than any drink I have had before. The bar itself was a pleasant change from all the hustle and loud pubs and bars on Beale Street. It is dark cozy and comfortable; Has over 3 pool tables which is a fun distraction in the bar, and can play music on jukebox. Also I should mention, very unexpectedly I met my former neighbor from another town here who lives in Memphis now and is a regular to Absinthe Room and he spoke highly about this place. Overall we had a great time here. Will pay a visit again on our next trip to Memphis.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We had a group of 10 that wanted to party but also watch college football without the crowded bar atmosphere of Beale St. Had an amazing time playing pool and watching the game while having pretty much a private party room on Beale!

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Small door, but make a point to find it and head upstairs! Super cozy. All old wood, pool tables, old fireplace mantles, leather couches... Full of atmosphere. We didn't try the absinthe, which I'm sure is a sin, but my old fashioned was exceptional. My favorite spot on Beale Street to get away from the loud music for a bit.

1  Thank tamii23