“Great downtown lunch spot”
Review of Bluefin Restaurant

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Peabody Place
Transit: Downtown Trolley brings you right to our front door!
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great downtown lunch spot”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

If you want a good place for a group of people to go for lunch, try the happy hour lunch at Bluefin. They bring around a big tray of sushi rolls, enough of a variety that everyone will find something they want to try. The Dahlia, the Quintessential, the Red Bird, and the Sweet T are my favorites. The service is a bit slow, so leave yourself some time and make sure you order several rolls when they come around or the one you want may not be on the tray next time they bring it to your table. The food is good and we usually get a few rolls for the table so everyone can share. Typical tab is $10-$15 per person, which is very reasonable for a downtown eatery.

• Visited August 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Don't do it.....”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Bluefin Memphis? I'm just not a fan. I've had REAL sushi from the masters in London and Vancouver. When you know what real sushi is supposed to taste like, you push the plate away when it's not top notch! For years, I thought sushi just made me sick, but then I realized that I hadn't really HAD SUSHI. When I did, I understood. Just don't do it to yourself.
---
And let me TELL you about the bar...Oh boy, I saw the bartender open the gallon jar of olives, pour a MOUND of salt in the jar, fill it to the brim with water from the soda gun, RIGHT in front of me, shake it up (like he was really doing something), and put the bottle back in the fridge. I'm a former bartender (in my previous lifetime), and I said, "What are you doing?" He said, "I'm 'reconstituting' the olives. I'll do this like 5 times before I get another jar." I was shocked. He, in essence was 'making' new olive juice for the dirty martinis, but it was all a sham. So, when customers order dirty martinis, they are getting gin or vodka, and salt water (NO OLIVE JUICE)...Yuck!!
---
And then...5 minutes later, a customer from the other side of the restaurant ordered gingo or sake. I saw the bartender pour the sake out of the bottle into the sake porcelain jug. And since the sake filled up maybe 50% of the jug, he used the soda gun again (you know, the soda gun from the olive reconstitution situation) to fill it all the way to the top with water. That was such a horrible experience that I came for 2 for 1 happy hour sake, and I left after the 1st one. I didn't even want the 2nd. No thanks. Never going there again.

• Visited July 2013
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Anita J”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Service was good, the food was excellent. The restaurant specializes in seafood & sushi, the decor was setup nicely.

Visited July 2013
New Westminster, Canada
“Shushing”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Went there with a friend ,reasonable food . Somewhat slow service at the bar area. It appears to be very pricey $ 80.0 for 2 people.
Again very good location .For me a Sushi aficionado a limited selection. Overall I would give it a go ahead if you are looking for Sushi downtown.

Visited May 2013
Venlo, The Netherlands
“for sushi lovers?”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This restaurant on Main, well I’m still not quite sure what to think of it. They serve sushi (hence the name) and fish, but also pizza, or flatbread as they call it. We had both fish with pasta and pizza. But both dishes where mwah… too expensive for the taste of it. But perhaps this is the place to go for sushi, let’s leave it at that. Open until late and indeed, most guests had sushi. So, take my word for it, stick with the sushi and this should be fine!

Visited April 2013