“Very disappointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Peabody Place
Transit: Downtown Trolley brings you right to our front door!
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Didn't think the sushi was all that bad. I had eaten here before and loved the energy of the place. On this return I had the worst hostess experience ever. She was very put out when we walked in the door at 9:30 pm for a late night dinner. They say they are open until 10 pm. The next 3 tables who walked in behind us got an equally unfriendly welcome. Service was slow. Our waitress was sweet. I felt like maybe I was judging it too hardly until seeing other reviews listed today and see that customer service is a real problem. Hope the owners are paying attention.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The key problem was service. We were with a large group and some people received their meals and others did not. Some were finished their meals before the others arrived. Asked for salad dressing on the side and did not get it on the side. The salmon was overcooked, almost burned. A vegetable noodle dish looked so unappetizing that it was hard to eat. The creme burlee was the worst ever. With so many restaurants in Memphis I would go somewhere else.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were in the mood for sushi knowing full well Memphis is not famous for sushi. My daughter had a noodle bowl that she seemed to like, my husband had seared ahi and shrimp. I had the California roll and edamame. The food was OK, not great. I thought the prices were high for what we had. That probably explains why more than 75% of the restaurant was empty at peak dinner hours.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

While certainly one's experience in a restaurant is colored by the people you are with, and I was with some GREAT people, I had a lovely experience in Bluefin. I started out with a funky unfiltered saki called Snow Beauty. It would never be my favorite saki, but it was very good and very interesting. We shared a large assortment of rolls, many of them quite unique but with nice "local color". My favorite was the "red bird" with crab and a sweet chili sauce, the "lucky clover" with blue crab, ginger, rolled in soy paper and topped with a bit of crunch and honey. We also had, and all liked, the hurricane (crab, crawfish), the blues club (blue crab and old bay seasoning), the jacksonville (crawfish topped with walu) which was excellent), and apocalypse now. Altogether a great meal. Everything was fresh and flavorful. I shared the bread pudding with a colleague, and it was really fabulous. I would go back just for that!! This is a sushi place, and the sushi-style rolls were all excellent. We also had great service. All in all, a lovely evening!

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The food was amazing, excellent value for quality. Highly recommended for lunch and dinner. Due to my picky eating, I found this restaurant ideal and it made my day.

1  Thank AussieFLJ