we spent the weekend in memphis for a wedding , sept.20 and 21st. This hotel needs alot of work,, our friends were ROBBED in this hotel! The doors to the rooms DO NOT close automatically. Every time we left the room , we had to remember to go back and close the door.. Our friends were ROBBED of all their jewelry, electronics and wallets!! Someone simply walked in the unclosed door and robbed them while they were sleeping. !!
The valet was a nightmare! The entire road in front of the Westin was blocked off for a concert.. We could not get our car in a timely manor . The Westin had no plan in place to take care of this and they were totally full of guests, many whom had weddings to attend in Memphis. We had to wind our way thru the restaurant and out a side door to find the valet. The person at the front desk was rude and frustrated and had no answers.. she needed more help. . They charge for internet , which i thought was free. There was one bartender in the bar that was very unprofessional and spent alot of time flirting with a customer . It was so bad that we know of one couple who simply left and went to another hotel . This is not the standard the we expect from a Westin.. Avoid this hotel!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Memphis hotel is located just behind the world-famous Beale Street, home of the blues, and minutes away from the excitement of the city. We offer guests over 200 hotel rooms and 9 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Memphis Beale Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Memphis Beale Street Hotel Memphis
- Westin Memphis Beale Street
- Memphis Westin