“Great Hotel”

Ranked #24 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Peekskill, New York
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is great! Awesome location within walking distance to everything. The staff is amazing. I have never met more professional and friendly valet employees! We had intended on saving the $7 a day by self parking but we loved the valet guys so much we used them everyday. I read negative reviews about the noise level of the hotel, but if you want to stay near the action of Beale street it is going to be loud. That in mind we got a room that faced Beale St, and it really wasn't that bad! The only negative thing I can even think of is I would love to have cold water available on the floors instead of having to go to the lobby drinking fountain, but really that is by no means a deal breaker. The beds are super comfy! I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
BealeStreetHotelier, General Manager at The Westin Memphis Beale Street, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear travel2364

Thank you for choosing Westin. I am going to your comments directly to our Valet Manager. It's always a pleasure to hear how our associates were able to provide such a great experience. Our super comfy beds as you call them are our signature sleep experience the Heavenly Bed. They are exclusive to Westin and have become so popular that we've had guest purchase them. Thank you again for all of your kind words. It is a pleasure to see that you would stay with us again; we're looking forward to your return.

Best regards,

Westin Memphis Beale Street

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was a little leery of booking a hotel so close to the action but boy am I glad I did. You can't beat the location and the ability to walk to so many good restaurants and music venues makes it the best place to stay in Memphis. The hotel is spotless and while it can get noisy at night with the music from the street, it all ends rather early so it is great to be a part of the local culture. Rooms are larger than normal and the bathrooms are big enough to host a party. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and northing is an imposition.

Stay here!

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face Beale Street
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MarkSEA
Dear MarkSEA

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our local culture. Beale Street, Gibson Guitar Factory and the Rock and Soul museum are just some of the local attractions that are steps from our doors. Along with our location, we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and warm, friendly associates. I'm happy that your spotless room and our welcoming staff were able to provide you with a great experience. If your travels bring you back to Memphis, please know that it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

McLean, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was the loudest hotel in which I have ever stayed (including even hotels in New Orleans in the French Quarter). If you are in town to stay out all night and party, then this would be a good choice because it is located in the midst of numerous bars and restaurants. If you plan to go to sleep before 2:00 a.m., find someplace else to stay. Very loud music was blaring from the surrounding neighborhood until 2:00 a.m. both nights of our stay. We were exhausted when we checked out. In addition, the place is pretty seedy at this point. It is in need of refurbishment. Carpets are dingy and furnishings look worn. Mildew on the shower ceiling. On the plus side, we did have drinks in the bar one night and the service there was very good. The staff was friendly. I will not return, however.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cynthia K

I want to first thank you for staying with us. However, I must apologize for the occurrences that you experienced. Our Guest Service Associate should have inquired the nature of your stay, with that they would have been able to place you on the side of the hotel near the Gibson Guitar factory. I value you your opinion and I am taking your concerns directly into a meeting with my Managers. We will use it to re-train our associates so that they will pay better attention to detail and make our guest experience the best that it can possibly be. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to show you how your feedback mattered and was put to use.

Kindest regards,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Westin Beale Street is not only classy, but the staff is so friendly. The manager, Gary Robinson, and staff, including bartender Andrew and his manager, made everything so enjoyable. The hotel is behind Beale Street, so walking and enjoying the night life is so easy. The rooms and heavenly beds are magnificent. We didn't do this, but a really cool amenity is to check-out a Gibson guitar and play it into a portable amplifier which is played through your headphones. The Gibson factory is right across the street, as well as the FedEx Forum. Great location, great staff, awesome everything!

Room Tip: There may be quieter rooms at night, but the festive sound of the crowd and bands did not bother us.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn C
Dear Dawn C

Dear Dawn C

Your words are so kind, thank you and thank you for choosing to stay with us. Gary is one of our Guest Service Managers and Andrew is our newly promoted bar Supervisor. I'm happy that our associates were able to provide you with such a memorable and enjoyable experience. I'm also happy that you enjoyed our signature Heavenly Beds. Many of our staff loved them so much they went to the Westin Home store online and purchased one themselves. I hope the next time you stay with us, you can "Check in and Rock out" which is the program that you mentioned about checking out the custom Gibson Guitars that we keep in our lobby. I'm glad that you had an awesome time and we hope to provide your more awesome experiences in the future.

Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location and wonderful staff. Tremendous access to almost all downtown sites. Even with the party on Beale in the early morning hours, the room was quiet.

My only complaint was the charge for data.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear RJMcLeod

Let me first say, thank you for choosing Westin. I agree our location provides tremendous access to the sights and sounds of downtown Memphis; including being directly across from the FedEx Forum, the Gibson Guitar Factory and the Rock and Soul Museum. Not to mention we are just steps from Beale Street. I also want to thank you for kind words regarding our staff. It is always our pleasure to give our guest a wonderful experience. It's my hope that in the future you will choose to stay with us again.

Kind regards,

Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location but had horrible service and was flat out lied to about being sold out and no extra rooms available. We had booked a king but got put into a double, when we called down to ask about changing rooms they said they had none available, however when I called the reservation line acting like I was trying to make a last minute booking there were somehow rooms available. Not what you expect from a Westin and I would most not suggest staying there as this was just one of the unpleasant encounters with the staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex R
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay downtown. It is located one block from Beale Street, and across the street from the FedEx Forum and the Rock n Soul Museum. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly. The only negative was the bed spread had a hole in it and for a hotel of this price this should not have happen. I would stay here again but with the hole in the bed spread at this price level I have to deduct a star.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tuggboat

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I also want to thank you for your feedback. I believe that great experiences are had because of the attention to details. I want to apologize that we missed a very important detail during your stay. I hope that your travels bring you back to Memphis and if so you allow us the opportunity to provide you with level of detail that we proud ourselves with.