“Great location”

Ranked #24 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great location”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed at the Westin over the Labor Day weekend. The staff seemed very friendly and the room was clean. It is across the street from where the Sun Studio shuttle picks up for tours and around the corner from Beale Street. Really is an great location to enjoy downtown Memphis. It rained heavily while we were there and our window leaked so they brought towels. It did create a slightly musty smell, as you would expect.

Room Tip: Rooms facing FedEx are quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
BealeStreetHotelier, General Manager at The Westin Memphis Beale Street, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Dear SaintsFan9

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Westin. I'm happy that you were able to experience the sights and sounds of Memphis. I apologize for the leak in your room. I can assure you this has been fixed. I apologize that we were unable to offer you another room. We were sold out the night that this occurred. If your travels bring you to Memphis again, I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you.

Kind Regards,

Westin Memphis Beale Street

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Seattle
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Overall The Westin was just fine ...but you have to pay for Wi-Fi.
This seemingly small detail makes The Westin petty to me.
It is not a deal breaker, just classless.

The location is worse than The Peabody (which offers free internet) to sporting events and is on par as far as proximity to Beale St.

I would stay here again but not if I could stay somewhere else where I would get free internet.

The parking garage is close
The rooms are clean.
The drinks are on one of those pads where if you pick them up and do not return them to their proper place you will be charged for them regardless of whether you drink them or not.

If you have choices as to where you can stay I would pick another place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BealeStreetHotelier, General Manager at The Westin Memphis Beale Street, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Timzorrr,

Thank you for taking the time to write this post. We do not believe in hidden charges, sometimes referred to as "Stay" fees" or "Resort Fees", as a way to have our guests pay for Wife, access to a workout room and a newspaper. We offer complementary Wi-Fi in our Lobby, Starbucks and the adjoining restaurant Bleu. A daily newspaper and 24 hour access to the Westin Workout Center are complimentary for all of our guests. We are consistently recognized as having the best location in Memphis. Across the street from the FedEx Forum and the closest hotel to Beale Street is an extra benefit for all of our guests. I invite you to come experience all of this when you return to Memphis.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great location, reliable service and a comfortable room are the top reasons that the Westin Memphis Beale Street is a solid choice while staying in Memphis.

PRO's:
- Great location, just around the corner from the restaurants and clubs on Beale St.
- Good service from most staff members
- Comfortable room
- Westin Heavenly bed was..... heavenly
- Spacious, modern bathroom with separate tub and glass shower
- Workout clothes provided by the hotel for $5

CON's:
- I received two stained towels during my stay of 3 nights
- One front desk staff was not friendly - the others were great
- Slightly bland decor

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank shinywings
Dear shinywings

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to know that our Heavenly bed lived up to its name, and that you took advantage of our New Balance Gear Lending program. I'm sorry to hear that other parts of your stay were not up to the standard of these two amenities. If your travels bring you back to Memphis I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

Kind regards,

Midland, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was a fairly quick overnight trip and I was disappointed that I didnt get to do and see all the things I wanted while in Memphis. There was a power outage the night I was there and that left Beale St in the dark. Although it was "warm", as summer is in Memphis, the staff was AMAZING. Everyone was very kind and helpful to the best of their ability for a situation that they had no control over. My only complaint was that even when the electricity came back on, my room didnt cool down, but they were working on it! The room was comfortable and clean and if the AC had been working it would have been perfect! I felt more sorry for the staff that had to work inside with no AC. I will make this trip again and I will certainly stay here again. Thank you so much to the staff A+!!

Room Tip: I stayed in 525 and my sister stayed in 335. Both were clean and quiet with a view of the Gibson.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear CANDACE1217

I know your stay must have been very different from what you envisioned. I want to thank you for your kind words. No one can foresee an outage of this kind. I sincerely appreciate your understanding, and thank you for complimenting the great lengths to which our associates went to in an effort to minimize the impact on our guests. Words cannot accurately explain how proud I am of our team. I look forward to your return visit and the opportunity to show you all that Memphis has to offer.

Yours in service,

Madison, MS
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

If you are going to Memphis for an event at the FedEx forum or the Redbirds stadium you can't beat this location. We saw a concert at the forum and literally walked across the street to go in and out. The value was great and the bed and bedding materials were plush. My only complaint was that the Wi-Fi is not free. I will definitely stay at the Westin for all future trips to downtown Memphis!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank longball34
BealeStreetHotelier, General Manager at The Westin Memphis Beale Street, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear longball34

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Yes, we are steps away from everywhere you want to be such as the Rock and Soul Museum and the Gibson Guitar Factory and of course World Famous Beale Street. The plush bedding you were speaking of is our Westin exclusive signature Heavenly Bed. I'm so pleased to see that we will be your choice for all your future trips in downtown Memphis, and look forward to serving you again.

Regards,

General manager
Highland, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a great hotel a half block behind Beale St. The location is great so you can walk to restaurants, clubs, and the Auto Zone ballpark. Rooms are spacious, bathroom has a bathtub and separate shower, hotel offers valet or self parking. Would stay at this hotel again for the location. Check-in was quick, service was great, and hotel was secure requiring your room key to use elevator.

Room Tip: Great location and secure hotel off of Beale St.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank StlVic
Dear StlVic

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your kind words. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your room and your stay. We take tremendous pride in providing great guest service. In addition to offering some of the largest hotel rooms in downtown Memphis, we also provide our state of the art Westin Workout room which is complimentary for all of our guests. for all of our guests. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Fortaleza, Brazil
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I’ve waited 3 months to write this review because I didn’t want to be unfair with the hotel. But they didn’t do what was promised and this is totally unacceptable.

My desire was to focus on the hotel super kind staff, great location and overall good service, but at the end I was charged for a SUITE while I stayed in a STANDARD ROOM. They knew that, the front desk was aware of that, and they totally agreed to refund me that difference on the rates, but after 3 months they didn’t do that.

Quick explanation. We were in a group of 8. I took my whole family to Memphis and wanted to stay at The Westin because I’m a Starwood member. I’ve never experienced such a terrible reservations service. I sent at least 25 e-mails to the hotel e-mail address on the website, to the general reservations of the Westin Hotels, and never got an answer. This was a special occasion for me and my family. The reason why I didn’t do through the website was because I had someone with special needs in our group, so I had to make sure some of our needs would be possible to accept, for example, one of the rooms would need to be attached to each other. So, I called the reservations number, explained the whole situation, and the gentleman on the phone was very kind and he guaranteed that we would have a Suite attached to a King Room, and two other regular standard rooms.

When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk attendant (she was super kind!) said any of the suites could be attached to another room. I explained the whole situation, about one person of our group, that this was guaranteed on the phone, etc.. she said she couldn’t do anything, but she could arrange a KING ROOM connected to another KING ROOM. At that point, of course I accepted. So, when we were checking out they charged a SUITE in our statement, instead of a KING ROOM. I asked to speak with the manager, and he promptly understood that, but he said, although I was right, he was unable to change that rate at the computer at that moment. For this reason, he got all my information (phone number, e-mail address, etc..) and said he would take care of that, that difference would be refunded to me. Of course they didn’t. I sent a lot of e-mails and didn’t get any answer.

That’s the reason I will give one star to this hotel. Nothing can be worse than charge you for something you didn’t have!

I will not spend much time writing about everything else, but the location is this hotel is perfect! Walking distance to Beale St., and steps from Gibson Factory. 15 minutes drive to Graceland, and 5 minutes to Sun Studio.

The rooms are nice, good size, and their room service is pretty decent. Great and comfortable bed. And the staff of the hotel is really nice and always very kind to us!

Of course, the coolest thing ever is the fact you can get any gibson guitar you want on the hotel lobby and take it to your room for your whole stay!

I really wanted to come back If this hadn't happened, but I will never accept the fact I was charged for a suite while I stayed in a standard room. And I booked 4 rooms for our group!

Room Tip: Ask for a view to Beale Street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family