“not what they said it was”

Miss Polly's Soul City Cafe
Ranked #29 of 1,440 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
st peters
“not what they said it was”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

When we arrived at the restaurant they would not let us in even though there were only about 10 people in there. We were told that they didn't have enough help and we should wait outside until the extra help the called arrived. We waited because we heard the food was soooooo good. Well, it was not. It was average at best. I was quite disappointed in the waffle that was to go with my chicken and waffle. How do you mess up a waffle. The rest of the food was borderline and not soul food quality. I am not from the south but my grandmom was and I know soul food and this was not it. I recommend you go somewhere else

• Visited November 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Pretty Good.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Have been twice. Both times the service was good and the food was done well. The second visit didn't seem as good as the first. I nor anyone I was with tried the chicken and waffles but it looked yummy on other diners tables. The biscuits are really good and the coffee is hot and fresh. Try starting your day off at Miss Polly's!

Mundelein, Illinois
“Food was good”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had some fried chicken, it was okay but not amazing. My kid liked her mac and cheese. However, for a place that talks about love peace and chicken grease, I was hoping for better.

Visited October 2013
Mundelein, Illinois
“I'll be back!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I heard this was the place for chicken and waffles. This place did not Disappoint.The waffles were as big as the moon and the chicken was crispy and delicious. I read the reviews about bad service that was not the case. The staff was friendly and very welcoming. I even struck up a conversation with one of the cooks. He was from Waukegan ,IL just 30 mins from where I live.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Stephanie C
Birmingham, AL
“Enjoyed!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stopped by for a late breakfast. The food was really good. Biscuits were huge and tasted wonderful. Service was fast and friendly. The atmosphere was a bit run down but that just made it seem more like a local hangout. Will definitely be back.

• Visited October 2013