“Good area of Memphis”

Ranked #13 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Guelph, ON
“Good area of Memphis”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights, and traveled into downtown and area - about 15 minutes away. Good size rooms were well equipped. When we arrived our room smelled like smoke - they immediately moved us to another room. We had 2 double beds and a pull out. The pull out was unusable as a bed - too bumpy, so our child just slept on the couch the second night. Heard many strange thumps and noises in the night, may have been the neighbouring rooms but not sure. Breakfast buffet was very good with hot / cold selections. They opened a conference room for the overflow of people eating in the am, as the lobby was getting crowded with people eating. We ordered the room food service, which was fast and only adequate in terms of quality - but wasn't too expensive. Overall it wasn't perfect but would stay again, depending on price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LucySlater518

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Hyatt Place is such a nice chain - so this one was a huge letdown. First off it's an older model - and it shows. Sure the room is nice- but who can sleep with all the noise - can the walls and windows be any worse? every time my neighbor slept or flushed the toilet, I heard. Every door opening, I heard. Every car parked and train whistle....I heard.

The furnishings are fine - like all other Hyatt Places.

The breakfast - a little lacking - no HB eggs but pretty standard.

The gym - older equipment and except for the bike, the volume didn't work on any equipment.

Because of the lack of sleep, I rated this slow. vs. a Fairfield it's fine - but it's sub par for Hyatt Place and it's all about sleep deprivation at this location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank TravelManSouth
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

First off, I was impressed by the actual room. It was very spacious with a walk-in shower. The space in the bathroom was a bit limited, but not bad. The bed could have been slightly more comfortable, but again, it wasn't bad. I could hardly get any sleep because I heard so much noise throughout the night (people talking, doors shutting, etc). I was really disappointed. To top that off, the breakfast was mediocre.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank amars662
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The Hyatt Place is perfect for a stay in Memphis! Outside of the hustle and insanity of Beale Street, but with easy access to downtown and the airport. My fiancé and I elected to stay at the Hyatt the night before flying out of MEM. Easy access to the highways provided a quick trip (which I recommend since the area surrounding the airport is far from safe/ideal). Located in a safe area and not far from Germantown. Breakfast was tasty and easy. Definitely recommend this hotel for a safe alternative to downtown.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Memphis Primacy Parkway during a recent visit to Memphis for business and to see family. I chose this hotel due to the proximity from my job site. I was not disappointed.

The staff was welcoming, and check in was a breeze. My room was spacious, quiet and very comfortable. I had a large, king-sized bed and there was also a large sitting area with large sofa, ottoman and very large flat-screen TV that swivels so that you can watch TV from the living area or the bedroom. There is also a desk area in the living room. Additionally, there is a mini-refrigerator and wet-bar.

The free breakfast has many offerings as well. There were hot breakfast sandwiches and your assortment of other common breakfast items, i.e., cereal, pancakes, French toast, pastries, juice and coffee, all of which can be enjoyed in the hotel lobby.

The other amenity that I enjoyed was their complimentary shuttle. Rather than rent a car, I used their shuttle to take me and pick me up from work each day.

They also have a business center on the first floor.

The only disappointment I had was their limited selection of TV channels. Most were on demand, sports, news etc. You would have to pay to watch a decent program otherwise.

I enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Place Primacy Park, and would highly recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor. I did not hear any noises coming from other rooms, but I overhead s...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank travelmaven_7
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for business last night. Hotel really worn down, nothing horrible just old. Room clean. It must have been garbage morning because at 3:30 am the garbage truck was outside my window picking up dumpsters for an hour, really annoying. I suspect there are much nicer places to stay for the price and would probably skip this place.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

OMG. That an amazing location. Its not everyday you come across a warm and friendly staff. Willing to go beyond thr call of duty to make sure our needs and wants had been satisfied. I enjoyed the Joes Crab Shack near by.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends