“Hyatts are the Best”

Hyatt Place Memphis Primacy Parkway
Ranked #13 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I think this visit may have convinced me to start accumulating Hyatt points, I don't know if I'll ever go back to other hotels. I got a pretty cheap price for booking the room the night before. The concierge was excellent. Incredibly warm and friendly. The room was spacious, clean, and resort-like.
Oh and the breakfast! The best complimentary hotel breakfast ever. EVER. We're not talking sad scrambled eggs and toast, they had fresh juices, hot oatmeal, pancakes, pastries, fruit, yogurt, everything. It was delightful. In spite of driving 8 hours the day before, and 8 hours the day after, it was a rejuvenating stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2014

After a previous stay in June 2014 that was not up to the Hyatt standards I've become accustomed to, I communicated directly with the GM of the hotel. He invited me back and promised my next stay would be better. He even offered to extend us one free night. My wife and I revisited the Hyatt Place Memphis - Primacy Pkwy again.

At check-in we met with the GM and expressed our concerns from the previous hotel stay. He seemed genuinely interested. We were very hopeful, this stay would be better...however:

Upon entry of the room we were assigned, my wife stated she smelled a wet odor upon entering room 619.

I checked the A.C. unit and was very disturbed.

* There was evidence of potential mold and mildew within the AC unit and on the front.

* The unit itself seemed to be in need of a thorough cleaning, disinfecting and new filters....at a minimum (see pics)

* We also noticed the carpets throughout the room are well overdue for a thorough cleaning. There were visible stains from spills and generalized black discolored areas, from dirt and traffic (see pics).

We were assigned another room, which did not have the wet odor but there were visible stains on the sofa....I'm not sure what the stains were but we did not use the sofa because of the unknown nature of the stains.

This is VERY unfortunate, after our issues during first stay. I informed the GM via email that it is imperative he corrects these issues within the hotel immediately. I frequent the Hyatt brand often and this is probably the worst experience I've ever had. Unfortunately, I'm unsure if the GM is capable of resolving the issues.

When we visit Memphis again in approx 2 mths...we will stay at another chain of hotels. All the major brands have hotels within a few blocks of this Hyatt Place Primacy Pkwy hotel.....my advice to any of my colleagues or other would be travelers, would be to do the same. At least or until they can change management and bring the hotel up to Hyatt standards.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank twillis600
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms and hotel have a very warm contemporary modern design. I really enjoyed the ease of check in/out. The free breakfast was a great touch. Perfect location. I would stay at the Hyatt Place again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a great experience at the Hyatt Place Memphis Primacy Parkway, Our rooms and the hotel were very clean and nice. Thoughtful touches, such as the tv media interface, were much appreciated. The bed was comfortable, and the room was a pleasant place to be. Breakfast was good, but extremely busy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night while passing through Memphis. It is located in a nice area, with a decent selection of restaurants in driving distance. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was filling. I would stay here again if in Memphis

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I took a group of 10 adults for a tennis tournament and EVERYONE was very pleased with our accommodations and helpful staff! The hotel was full . . . lots of kids' soccer and baseball tournaments in the area. However, the staff did a GREAT job keeping the hot breakfast stocked with all the activity. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2014

For the money, it is hard to find a better place to stay in Memphis. Safe, quiet and very well priced. Free breakfast is a plus. A little out of the way for downtown, but I have stayed here several time and alway have enjoyed the service and the large clean rooms. The only negative was someone had left the alarm set for 6:10 am and it woke me and hour earlier then I wanted. Live and learn to always check the alarms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family