All reviewssitting areafrancis hospitalspacious roomtwo double bedsrestaurants and shoppinghot itemsexcellent stayfree breakfastnice place to stayoatmealthe breakfast areafirst floorwe've stayeddefinitely stay here againenjoyed my stayparking lotmemphis area
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I was booked into hotel by the DCAI. I think if I'm booked into the hotel again I will definately switch. Check in/Check Out went relatively simple.

Ordering hot food from the kitchen was an ordeal. You can be the only one that ordered food there and it could still take 20-30 minutes before they start working on it. The food was fine once it did come up though. The cold food they had ready to pick up and go, well I had a salad, and I think it was pretty digusting, maybe it was the dressing.

The room only good points are fairly quick Wi-Fi and big TV, however...

The wall A/C/heating unit was quite noisy and smelled like smoke when you first turned it on but it thankfully became quieter the longer it ran.

You need to take off the top cover they have on the bed because it is about as comfortable as sandpaper. Also I was given two double beds instead of a king, but that wasn't a huge deal for me. But when I sat down on the bed, it creaked and groaned like it was going to break, which thankfully it didn't.

No microwave. If you need something heated up you take it down to the kitchen and pray you make enough ruckus that someone will actually pay attention to you. Or you have to call the front desk and they actually will bring you one. I would think most suites would have one standard.

After my morning shower I found that no matter how you position the curtains that you will somehow flood the bathroom floor. Either that or the tub itself was leaking.

The breakfast was quite lacking. Fruit, cereal, bagels, muffins, and juice. Not exactely the breakfast of champions. I would take Homewood's complementary breakfast over Hyatt's anytime.

The people at the front desk said the shuttle runs every 30 minutes but it's more like every hour and sometimes takes a couple of calls before they actually come get you. So unless you have a rental car you're pretty much stuck with lousy shuttle service or lousy hotel food.

In conclusion I believe this will be the last time I stay at this hotel unless absolutely necessary. You can get a better deal at Homewood or elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith934
Reviewed 3 December 2008

I chose this hotel due to the good reviews on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed. The room was comfy and with excellent facilities, including a separated sitting area, and quiet (away from the railway). The staff were always friendly and helpful and when I had an issue for the engineer he was there in 10 mins. Check-in and out was unproblematic. Breakfast should be fine for those who do not want a "blow-out".

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Our room was AMAZING for the price. It had a kitchen, living room and nice plasma TV. I believe we payed $74 per night. The free breakfast was pretty good. It's is about 15 minutes drive to downtown, Graceland and the airport, but worth it because it's at least half the price. AND you get free parking.

Everything was perfect, but my boyfriend did use the pool and he said it was disgusting, Hair and leaves floating in it.

Other than that, we loved it!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ab1847
Reviewed 5 September 2008

We stayed at this property over Labor Day weekend. This was our first stay at a Hyatt Place, but it will not be our last! Checkin at the automated kiosk was quick and easy, just like using a computer to check in for your flight. There were 2 ladies there ready to assist if you had questions or needed help.
Room was very well laid out. I especially like having a sectional sofa rather than just a chair. So often in hotel rooms, you need to sit on the bed to watch TV, but not here! Great 42" plasma television which swiveled so you could get a good viewing angle. The bed was comfortable, and the towels in the bathroom were soft, fluffy, and large. Room always cleaned promptly, and the whole facility was pretty spotless, even at full capacity. Lots of people using the pool all weekend, so don't let a previous review make you think it's dirty.
My only dislikes were pretty minor. Not too fond of having the bathroom vanity part of the bedroom and facing the bed. If one person gets up early, the light shines right at the person still trying to sleep. Also, the breakfast selection was very basic, though you could order a hot meal for an extra charge. We mostly went out for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grnwayrob
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Upon arriving, there is a kiosk that lets you do a self-check in. No one was around to answer any of our questions as we checked in. Finally got to the room, and YUCK! Stained carpet throughout, long black hairs all over the bathroom floor and in the shower. Called the front desk and told them we needed the hairs vacuumed up. A young man came with a rag and some spray and basically wiped them behind the door and behind the toilet. GROSS! We decided not to complain any more about that and went to the pool. GROSS! It was filled with thousands of little bugs and mosquitoes. The water was murky also. Another man who was sitting at a table commented on how disgusting it was also. Told the front desk and they could have cared less. What a big disappointment to my 11 year old! We went to get dinner, and looked over at the pool as we were leaving. The two young men who were in maintenance that evening were standing outside laughing and talking. The pool was never dealt with the entire stay. We asked the front desk lady if she could suggest a good restaurant, and she shoved a paper listing about 80 restaurants within about 10 miles of the hotel. WOW! What lousy customer service. Would NOT recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family