All reviews sitting area spacious room two double beds hot items excellent stay free breakfast nice place to stay oatmeal the breakfast area first floor we've stayed definitely stay here again enjoyed my stay parking lot memphis area beale st couch
Reviewed 27 June 2009

I had requested a high floor in my reservation. When I checked in at the self-serve kiosk, I was given room 101 (despite showing me my request for a high floor). When I went and asked at the front desk, I was told the kiosk will automatically assign the first available room, but they switched it out for me to a room on the sixth floor.
The hotel was a green policy. The policy is that they only change linens every three days you are there, unless you specifically request them to change it by leaving the towels on the floor and a card on the bed. The first night I was there, I took a shower, and as I was drying off, I noticed a couple small spots of blood on the towel- like if you cut your leg shaving and rub the towel across it drying off. I hadn't shaved, and was not bleeding from any cuts or anything else. I was puzzled, but honestly, I blew it off thinking maybe I scratched my back or something.
Until the next night. I was just about to fall asleep, when something bit me. Yes, there was a BUG in my bed!! Now- I stress, I checked thoroughly- there was no infestation, and it was not a bedbug- something else, like I flea or something. When I pulled the bedding back to check it though, the sheets were just not totally right. Not obviously dirty, but lint and hair that did not come from me. And- on the side of the bed that I hadn't touched- a couple of faint blood smears. SO- My deduction is that the linens were not changed before I arrived.
I went down to the lobby and requested clean sheets, and told them about the bug. I was given sheets (to put on myself- no offer of anyone to come up and do it for me, but by then it was 11 pm). The next day I received a call from the manager making sure everything was ok- however, they did not do anything to make it up to me. They did not offer to comp the room or even so much as a free beverage. Speaking of which...
The gallery sucks! Only go there if you are starving and cannot leave the hotel. It took over 30 minutes to get an order of nachos (which were $8.50 and horrible) one night and another 20 to get a grilled cheese sandwich another night. It is slow and not worth the money. A bottle soda will cost you $2.00.
The big attraction of the "Plug-and-Play" panel was another let-down, as it did not work. I was finally able to play my movie by going into the TV and changing the input, but they really sell the ease of the panel. Also the big screen TV is nice- but mine had a red burn in across the majority of the screen, so there was a nice red tint to everything on the TV.
The exercise equipment was good, but minimal. One elliptical, one treadmill and one stationary recumbent bike.
Overall, all of this added up and the hotel was disappointing. I go to Memphis a couple times a year, and was anxious to try something different, but I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank upnights
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Paperthin wall, could hardly sleep because of all the noise in the Hallways. Outdoor pool is not heated!!!! never was!!!
Free breakfast basic, bagels, toast, fruit.
Would not go back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2009

After reading reviews about other hotels in the Memphis area,we decided to stay further out to get a better quality, and that is exactly what we got!The room was modern,clean and spacious. The bed, ( very important after a 12 hour flight from the UK), was probably the best we have slept in away from home, clean crispy linen, altogether very good. We stayed 2 nights before moving on, we found the staff friendly, very helpful and informative. It didn't take long to drive Down town or to Graceland. After visiting other hotels/ motels and staying in Nashville for a week, we booked in to the Hyatt Place for 1 night before our return flight, but this time although the room was as before great we were on the ground floor next to the pool and the door to the pool which was slammed continously due to the ammount of children there over the bank Holiday there. We would definatly stay there again and reccoment this great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2009

Everyone loved this hotel. Decor great very friendly and helpful staff. Great facilities. Safe location near plenty of food and shopping outlets. Good breakfast. Layout of rooms have an apartment feel which was ideal for families.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2009

My best friend and I decided to meet in Memphis for a long weekend. We stay at the Hyatt Place Primacy Parkway from Mar. 13-17. The staff were quite pleasant and helpful. The lobby has an interesting set-up, with a small bar/snack area attached to the front desk.

Our room had two double beds, and a sitting area with a large L-shaped couch and a huge tv! The fridge and sink were put to good use, and the computer desk was also very helpful. The bathroom is kinda of small, but probably because the sink/mirror/counter space are located just outside the bathroom. The beds were quite comfortable and the heating/air conditioning worked fine.

In the mornings the Hyatt provided a great continental breakfast (free) in the lobby/kitchen. Allowing us to get some fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, toast/bagels, tea and coffee which was convenient.

The Hyatt is located in East Memphis which is about a 15-20 minute drive downtown. Germantown shopping isn't too far away, and Corky's BBQ is just down the road, along with a few other restaurants.

We really didn't mind not being right downtown, in fact we were a little disappointed when we did explore the downtown area. Highly recommend the Hyatt!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends