“Terrible hotel”

Ranked #64 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Vero Beach, Florida
“Terrible hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This was the worst hotel. Let me count the ways!
No change for the laundry at the front desk. I had to get in my car and drive to get quarters! The night clerk did not know how many quarters for the washer or dryer, so FIRST I had to go to the laundry room. It was locked. Back to the front desk. I was given a key which the clerk THOUGHT worked.
The dryer didn't dry my clothes.
Second, there was NO decaf coffee in the room, at the front desk, or in the morning.
Third, the bed sheets did NOT fit the bed, so they we're loose all night!!!!
I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Donald sklanaky S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We found this from Trip Advisor. The motel itself had fresh paint, new bedding, a wonderful bed and good water pressure with plenty of hot water. Staff was friendly. The pool was in use, but we weren't using it and it looked clean. The grounds were immaculate. The ONLY down side was the breakfast. It was in the lobby area and I didn't see a soul in the desk area from 7:30 to 8. The breakfast area had waffles but I had to dig through the cupboards to find nonstick spray and syrup. Nothing was stocked so I didn't attempt the few remaining Danishes. It was exactly what I needed, even with the disappointing breakfast.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ImaLadyBiker
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Travelers Inn and Suites and were very satisified, especially for the price. Quiet, clean, free wi-fi, breakfast included and great staff. You'll need a car to get to Memphis but it is an easy drive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Huaraz, Peru
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stopped here on our road trip from California to Indiana. The location is not too far from many of the attractions in Memphis. After a long day of driving, we were pleased to see the pool which was clean and not crowded. The rooms were about what to expect for the price, but what really was really nice was how helpful the staff was. They were able to help us scan a document that we needed to send off for a job. I'd definitely stay here again if passing through Memphis.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PCV_Allison
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A few friends and I stayed here for one night while just passing through. The quality of this place for the price is outstanding. Not only are the rooms clean and well taken care of, but the staff is outstanding. The rooms are very quiet and comfortable. Plenty of towels for our needs (which has not always been my experience at other hotels!) We did not get a chance to use the pool, but it seemed to always have many visitors when we walked by. Breakfast in the morning was nice and warm, very appetizing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alyssa L
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have to admit the drive to get to this motel made me nervous because parts of town looked a little shady and run down. However we got past that and discovered a great place! The staff was so friendly and met our every request. The room was spacious and comfortable. The pool was very nice and clean. You could tell that the management had recently updated the grounds and they were very well-kept. It is a bit isolated and on the road less traveled but if you need a good bargain this is definitely the place for you. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good but not a lot of choices. You will also have to travel a little bit to find some good restaurants but not more than 10 minutes or so. I have to say that what made this a great hotel for me though is the staff. Check-in was friendly and smooth. When we discovered that towels had not been left in our room he remedied the situation very quickly. I would definitely choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: To avoid road noise ask for a room toward the back of the hotel.