“Girls Weekend/Bridal Luncheon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of River Inn of Harbor Town

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
River Inn of Harbor Town
Ranked #1 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Atltana, GA
“Girls Weekend/Bridal Luncheon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I LOVED this boutique hotel. Lovely Southern charm and attentive, hospitable staff. Katherine greeted us upon checkin with a glass of champagne as we listened to the tunes coming from the baby grand in the exquistily decorated lobby/sitting room. A beautifully decorated lobby with fresh roses everywhere! It was a rather magical checkin! We were surpringsly upgraded to amazing rooms and when we opened the door we were like kids in a candy store. Elegant yet comfortable rooms with amazing beds (like sleeping on a cloud), large fluffy towels, all the amenities you'd ever want, and in the evening turn down service we would receive truffles and port, which we enjoyed by our fireplace. Again, magical! Dinning @ Paulettes was amazing. Outstanding food and service. Kelly and Patrick were top notch and took care of our every whim. I LOVE this hotel and will be back. Katherine, Kelly and Patrick made a great impression with their caring customer service and the inn itself offered Southern charming elegance, which I adore. What are you waiting for? Book a room already! You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: If you want charming Southern elegance, this is it. You feel special from the moment you walk in th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

A very comfortable convenient hotel with friendly staff. Small and quiet with a terrific breakfast included. Just a short hop to Beale Street with all of it's culture. The staff gave us lots of great advice on things to do during our short stay in Memphis.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite which was very nice but not what we generally choose. I think they were...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim B
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Beautiful room with view of Mississipi, fluffy towels & robes, champagne on arrival, port and chocolates at bedtime - what's not to love! Plus amazing breakfast served beautifully with freshly squeezed juices, etc, etc. Only slight gripes were no tea/coffee making facilities & coffee only available in library corner in morning, not evenings, and the waiter at the Rooftop bar above our room moving furniture around for ages very late at night, till I went and complained to him that we had asked for a quiet room. He did stop as soon as I asked and didn't do it on our second night. Meal at Tug's fine but wished we had splashed out & eaten at Paulette's. Staff were always very nice and chambermaid even wrote a thank you for her tip!
Overall this was a great hotel and we would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mezza26
Budapest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I always search for boutique style hotels and this was one of my favorite places to stay. Our room had a view of the river and the sunset was spectacular. I loved the library corner outside our room. The chocolate and port were appreciated in the evening. The breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I see bad reviews and always think, "really, was it that bad?" but now I know it was that bad!
I wrote a previous review about the River Inn giving it an average rating due to the fire alarm fiasco but I am downgrading the rating to poor because they charged my credit card for my room and my friends room.

I initially reserved the two rooms with my visa but when we checked in my friend, Mrs. J, gave them her credit card and they swiped it and changed the reservation to be under her name. I gave them my American Express to pay for my room. After returning home and looking at my bank statement for my Visa and my American Express account, I realized they charged my AE for my room and my Visa for her room!!! I called and spoke with some young man at the front desk and he confirmed this was the case and told me I would need to Mrs. J and have her contact the hotel to pay for her room and then they would refund my money. I was so angry with the way the fire alarm deal was mishandled and now this, that I wish that I had said, "No, you will need to call Mrs. J and get her cc info and refund my money now". But I didn't! I just said never mind, I would have Mrs. J write me a check for her room because I was done dealing with them!!

And to beat all, this whole conversation took place with out a single apology for their mistake and for my inconvenience!! What ever happened to the "the customer is always right" mentality! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!! Poorest customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Ginger C
karlfriedrich1, General Manager at River Inn of Harbor Town, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
We are very sorry for the credit card confusion. We do not keep any credit cards on file after a guest has checked out, this is for security reasons. When checking out from hotel both guest were given a receipt to sign, which eas done with out any questions and the receptionist thought that all was correct.
again please accept our appologies for the slip up, the young man should have told you that he was going to contact your friend to have the credit card re-issued in order to credit you and debit her card.
Again we are very sorry for the disapointing service you received.
should you return to Memphis in the near future pleaser contact me and I will be delighted to make up to you with a special rate for the inconveniences you had.

sincerely,

Karl W. Friedrich
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Our weekend at River Inn was absolutely PERFECT! We arrived in cold rain for our check in but welcomed with smiles and champaign! The lovely lobby had a fire going in the fireplace and staff ready to assist with our luggage. At first we thought our room a little too cozy but it was really all we needed and decorated very tastefully. The bathroom was a good size with wonderful toiletries. The soft plush towels were the best! We had an incredible meal at the hotel restaurant, Paulette's, and we were thrilled when we were told our complementary breakfast the next morning was to be there also. The little library outside our room had carafes of coffee waiting for us in the morning. I cannot say enough wonderful things about River Inn and Paulette's. We will defiantly stay here again and tell everyone we know to do the same.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Missy S
Lymington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed at the River Inn just over a year ago. I must say that it is one of the most pleasant and friendly places we have ever stayed. The staff were great and the food was as good as we have had anywhere. Spotless room with a great outlook. The only thing missing is a pool to cool off in on a hot day. Apart from this - perfect!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple