“Might just be the best BBQ that I've ever eaten”
Review of Central BBQ

Central BBQ
Ranked #17 of 1,527 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Ive eaten my share of BBQ in my day and I even smoke my own almost every weekend. With that being said, Central serves up what might be the best Que that have ever tasted.
I stopped in for a bite while down in Memphis on a business trip and immedately noticed the line stretching out the door. This is always a good sign so I went on in. I ordered the pulled pork lunch special with collard greens and is was simply fantastic and a great value to boot!
I dont often flaunt places as highly as this but Central is a MUST DO if you are in Memphis.

I also appreciated the "sauce bar" where you could try al of their sauces, mix and match or combine to make your own mix!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,259)

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Located behind the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, this restaurant has been serving que for years. It took over as the downtown favorite after Leonards closer their downtown operation. Try their half rack. I prefer the wet to the dry rub on their barbecue.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The food was good and so was the service. It wasn't the best BBQ I've had so but it was definitely worth the stop. The atmosphere bumps up to 4.5, the music, the artwork, the old brick house. Under the patio would be fun if it hadn't been below freezing. Inside was nice and warm and welcoming. I was there early for dinner and good thing. Looks like they can get quite busy as they had a steady stream and it was filling up as I was leaving.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Great BBQ ribs! Muddy or dry. Walk in, place and pay for your order, then head outside to a table on the patio. The rib meat falls off the bone. Great staff - they check on you and keep things picked up.

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

First time in memphis & so first time eating here . Ordered sausage & cheese plate for appetizer . Loved it. Ordered ribs, pulled pork sandwich & brisket & chicken . Really lived the dry ribs. Didn't care for other meats no flavor & too dry !!! I did live their BBQ sauce both the mild & hot, even bought a bottle for home. It's ok BBQ