Talbot Heirs Guesthouse
  • Breakfast included
Madison Hotel(Memphis)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsbiscottipeabody hotelfull kitchenflying fishgrand pianobeale streetplace to staysuper soft towelscivil rights museumconvenience storeseparate bedroomhome away from homeparking garagethe location is perfectyour luggagenew orleansshort walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Talbot Heirs was such a wonderful place to stay, I am just sorry I didn't find out about it sooner. I have traveled to Memphis multiple times over the past several years, and have always stayed at either the Hampton Suites or the Westin. Never again will I stay at those places when Talbot Heirs is available! It was such a welcome relief to come back to at the end of the day, the rooms are beautiful, such a comfortable atmosphere and with a full kitchen, is definitely a plus for the cost conscious, we cooked quite a few meals during our stay. Tom and Sandy were such a wonderful couple, I consider myself fortunate to have met them, and to have finally found my home away from home whenever my travels take me to Memphis in the future!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2011

We stayed in Suite 7 and loved it. Tom and Sandy were the nicest hosts you could imagine, from arrival when Tom helped park your car to departure when they were there to say goodbye.

Travelling from Nashville and stopping in Memphis on the way to New Orleans (via a few other spots!) we arrived in the midst of tornado sirens, and coming for the UK we'd never experienced anything like it but they put us at our ease. Tom's restaurant recommendations were spot on too. The guesthouse is in the perfect location and we didn't use the hire car during our entire stay here.

Having thought about staying at the Peabody we felt lucky not to have done so.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Lovely Guesthouse in a great location right in the centre of Memphis. It is a stone's throw from Beale street and a short walk from the Rock and Soul museum where a shuttle bus will take you to Gracelands and Sun Studios. We stayed in Suite 5 which was big, prettily decorated, very clean, quiet and had all the cooking amenities you could want. The owners were very attentive and went out of their way to help.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

My partner Kaye and i stayed at Talbot Heirs on 11th and 12th May 2011. We were concerned that the floods might have affected Memephis and were considering cancelling, however we rang and Tom the owner assured us it was OK. We took his word and were able to do all we intended to do and see. The downtown area is not affected by the flooding and we since have driven to New Orleans with no issues at all.

Tom and Sandy welcome you and give a high level of personal attention and the rooms are extremely clean and pleasant. I could not recommend the Talbot Heirs too highly. Also as I said above it is in a great location only just over a block from Beale St. Go there...you'll love it.

2  Thank paulnk
Reviewed 10 May 2011

The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. We arrived in the middle of torrential rain and tornado sirens going off, but were quickly settled in and really enjoyed our stay in Memphis. This place is totally convenient to all of the downtown attractions and the river. We really enjoyed Beale Street and had no concerns about our safety walking around. Would definitely stay here again!