All reviewsbiscottipeabody hotelfull kitchengrand pianobeale streetno elevatorsuper soft towelsplace to staycivil rights museumthe flying fish restaurantseparate bedroomhome away from homeparking garageperfect locationnew orleansyour luggagesun studios
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just returned from a weekend stay with the wife. Not going to rehash the parking or the breakfast parts since that has been hit in many of the reviews and is accurate. Room was very clean, I wore white socks when in the room and don't think they ever got dirty from the floors. To be fair this isn't an ultra modern room but has all you need to be very comfortable. Location was simply outstanding, I don't think there would have been anywhere else that could have competed. Tom & Sandy are great and a useful source for information. Overall I will stay here again when I return to Memphis. The only negative was the tram system was down the entire stay so there was no free easy transportation, I'd check this before your trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trent B
Reviewed 30 June 2014

You will not believe this place if you are lucky enough to stay here on your visit to Memphis. Firstly, the location is fantastic. It is a three minute walk to Beale Street and is bang in the city centre. Yet the place is so anonymous. The single door in is located between a seafood restaurant and a convenience store. You'll never find it unless the owner Tom comes out to wave you down (you call him when you get near to 2nd street and he looks out for your vehicle). You then dump your bags and Tom jumps in the car and takes you to a car park. He leaves a proximity pass in the vehicle and you settle with him upon leaving ($10 per day). Up to this point you've not seen your actual accommodation and the parking rigmarole could get the alarm bells ringing. But fear not. When you go up the stairs and into your room you definitely get the "wow" factor. I didn't ask, but it looked to me like the building was probably an office block in the past that was converted to studios/apartments. There are about 8 - 10 apartments off a wide, art lined corridor. I happened to look into 3 of them which were unoccupied and they all have an individual stamp. A reviewer has said that no one room is any better than any other. I would agree. They all seem to have been modelled and furnished to a high standard. We were in number 6 and could not have been happier with the accommodation. We only did two nights and would highly recommend the Talbot Heirs to anyone coming to Memphis. I've got to mention that every time we came out of the property and stepped out onto the street, there would always be people walking by. It amused me to see the look on their faces. You could tell they were thinking "do people actually stay in that building". I wanted to take them inside to show them what a hidden gem this was. It is also worth pointing out that the Talbot Heirs IS NOT a bed and breakfast place (as some websites suggest). There are a few breakfast "snacks" and coffee in the rooms that get your day going, but anything more substantial has to be found elsewhere. Probably the top "find" of our vacation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neilc277
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Tom & Sandy, thank you so very much! We loved our stay in the wonderful, individually unique, studio apartments. Studios were large, walk in wardrobe an unexpected treat, well equipped kitchens & a great location. Dinner recommendations were wonderful & very glad I finally tried banana cream pie! Your warmth, friendliness & nothing is any trouble service made our stay extra special. Wish you every success & many wonderful guests.

Room Tip: All studios in this boutique property were lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline E
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in June 2014. The apartments are exactly as described and we weren't disappointed. It was extremely helpful to have a fully equipped kitchen. We had been on the road for a while so it was really great to live almost as we do at home -- buy fresh food, make breakfast etc. On arriving we were given extremely good and helpful recommendations in terms of food, groceries and how to get to various places. This saved us a lot of messing around and was well beyond what we have received in most other hotels. There is no elevator and one set of stairs but we were met at the door and assisted with our luggage and Jerry then woke at 6am to help us out with our luggage and then waited until a taxi arrived to take us to the train station. This hotel is also very well located in terms of being central to many attractions. This is an excellent accommodation option with outstanding staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AARON10000489
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed for 4 very comfortable nights at the Talbot Heirs. Tom is so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. This is a boutique hotel, the big chains don't have a patch on this place. I wish we'd stayed there longer, But we will be back!!

• Stayed: May 2014