“Clean beautiful apartment-like rooms, a downtown location, friendly and knowledgeable hosts - Great!”

Talbot Heirs Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 18 Memphis B&B and Inns
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 17 July 2010

For those who appreciate clean beautiful apartment-like rooms, a downtown location, friendly and knowledgeable hosts, this is a wonderful home away from home. Tom and Sandy went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, including having a wonderful piano for my husband to play. We were traveling with two teenagers, who seemed to appreciate the room as much as we did. They do not serve breakfast, but supplied us with all the breakfast fixings, including coffee, which was more than enough! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Cold Spring, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Stayed in Suite 5 for one night; paid $10 to park, needed to change our stay from 2 nights to 1. The accomodations were incredible and trendy, the staff more than attentive and helpful. It was not an issue when we'd found ourselves needing to head home early. The guesthouse is located directly across from the Peabody and about a block and a half from Beale. Should we stay in Memphis again, this is the only place we'll consider.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
bardwell, ky
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I stayed at the Talbot Heirs Guesthouse on a recent trip to Memphis for my bachelor party weekend. My friends and I are not a raucous crowd by any means, but I was still a bit worried that we might be a bother so I discussed the trip with Tom prior to making my reservations (very helpful). We decided on Suite 4 (with 2 extra cots) and I couldn't have been happier. While the website has wonderful displays of the rooms, it doesn't truly show the total size (which are much larger than I had expected). We had a full kitchen which was stocked with several very convenient items (bottled water, milk, cereal, juice, coffee, etc).

As far as the location, that's also excellent. It's about a block or two away from everything you need downtown. Since our trip revolved around "guy" things, I have to recommend the Flying Saucer (it's a bar/restaurant with an excellent assortment of beer from around the world) and Charles Vergo's Rendezvous (very good dry ribs and worth a visit).

But anyway, to keep things short, Tom and Sandy have a wonderfully located establishment and are a very welcoming pair. I will definitely look them up again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Talbot Heirs is probably one of the most memorable hotels I have ever stayed in. The decor is funky and unique, the service was fantastic, and the location (just a block from Beall Street) was perfect. I really appreciated the personalized service provided by the hotel managers. You really feel like you are staying in the home of a friend (one who is very artistic and has great taste!) We will certainly be visiting again, and encouraging all of our family and friends to do the same.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Every review I read about Talbot Heirs was glowing, and I can only add to the Talbot Heirs Fan Club. It was the perfect place for us. Just two blocks from Beale St., across the street from the Peabody, a great location. But, more than that, our one bedroom suite had everything we needed for our 5 night stay, and more. Beautifully furnished, they have thought of your every need. There is not one thing they could have done better, we loved it, and our yearly visits to Memphis will find us from now on at the Talbot Heirs. Thank you, too, to our wonderful hosts, who could not have been nicer or more helpful. This is a very special place and we never wanted to leave...many thanks for making our trip extra special!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 28 April 2010

We stayed here for the final 4 days of our honeymoon, the location is within walking distance of Beale Street and is surrounded by really good eating places. It is a small family run guesthouse, immaculately clean with all the facilities of home, fresh coffee, orange juice, water and cereals were provided every day together with clean towels. We were able to also use the washing and drying facilities free of charge. I could not recommend this guest house highly enough, the owners were friendly, helpful and made us feel like home.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 22 April 2010

A friend and I traveled from Chicago area for "Spring Break". Every room in the guesthouse is decorated in a different style-funky to elegant. One room had a baby grand piano. The location is perfect-3 blocks from Beale St. and across the street from the Peabody where the famous "duck walk" takes place. I would definitely go back. Check out their website for sure!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends