“Best Food in Town”
Review of soul fish cafe

soul fish cafe
Ranked #37 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed 2 November 2013

A delicious stop for anyone local or visiting from out of town. Cannot go wrong with anything that is on the menu. The vegetable options are delicious and the entrees are fantastic!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife declared her catfish tacos to be light, fluffy, and delicious. My pork chops were delicious and moist. This was a nice meal that my whole family enjoyed.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Was told that this was a great restaurant, so we thought we'd give it a try. We weren't disappointed, the food ( I had catfish, my wife had chicken salad) was well cooked and the service of a high standard, our waitress was extremly helpful when it came to what size of plate I should go for.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We wanted to try catfish while in Memphis. I googled "best fried catfish in Memphis". Soul Fish Cafe was one of the top picks so we decided to give it a try. From the outside it looked a little iffy but the parking lot was full which was a good sign. We were not disappointed. Everything we had was great....even tried their Caramel Pecan Pie (which was excellent). This is definitely a "to do" in Memphis.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This little hole-in-the-wall cafe does a superb job of frying catfish. I had the fried catfish, which was tasty and moist. My husband had the blackened catfish, which was a little more blackened than he cared for, but that's a matter of taste. The broccoli was done very well, as was the cornbread. The only disappointment for me were the hushpuppies, which in my opinion were overcooked, too dark and dry, although the taste was good.

Been to soul fish cafe? Share your experiences!