“Outstanding southern cooking at a great price”
Review of soul fish cafe

soul fish cafe
Ranked #39 of 1,498 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We really loved our visit to Soul Fish. Simply put, excellent Southern home cooking, at a great price in a welcoming bright setting. The hush puppies and fired pickles by themselves are worth the visit. My daughters had blackened catfish and I had a blackened rib-eye. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

After visiting Soulfish I realized that the prices are a little high and not a whole lot to select from. It might be a nice place to revisit if I'm in a hurry & don't care about what I eat at the moment.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Everything on the menu was great. Gave me a reminder of Louisiana inspired food. Fresh and varied choices of desserts. In a city lacking I seafood choices, thus was a definite plus. Will definitely go back on a return trip to Memphis. Visited cyber Poplar Ave. location.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My favorite food in Memphis is the vegetable plate. Soul fish has some fine vegetables: their fried okra is light and yummy. Their macaroni and cheese is the best I've had anywhere. The other options are also very good.

Excellent lemon icebox pie, another southern specialty.

The rest of the menu (chicken, catfish, etc) also looked delicious.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

A delicious stop for anyone local or visiting from out of town. Cannot go wrong with anything that is on the menu. The vegetable options are delicious and the entrees are fantastic!