“Overall good stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mount Vernon, Illinois, United States
“Overall good stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The room was quite large and clean except for the couch and chair which had numerous stains. The beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The hallway and elevator had a large amount of cracker crumbs that remained there for the entire length of our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great! I only stayed one night and I slept great! The hotel was very nice, and clean and the staff was awsome. I have an upcoming reservation here and selected this place for my host hotel for my birthday. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear miss u,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let everyone know about your stay. We very much look forward to having you back again soon, and we wish you safe travels until we see you again.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel went above and beyond to make our stay great. The shuttle only runs until 10 pm but Chris stayed late and picked me and my daughter up around 10:30. He even waited while we dealt with lost baggage. Very courteous and professional! Katherine and Allie at the front desk were super accommodating!!

Stayed March 2014
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Shelley S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let us know about your experience with the hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was able to accommodate your needs. We will be sure and pass along the positive review so they can see your appreciation as well. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My family traveled to Memphis to go to a show at the Orpheum. We stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton and we're very pleased. It was very safe and clean, which are the two most important qualities I look for in a hotel. I would definitely stay there again when I return to Memphis.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cyelver
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Cyelver,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and let everyone know about your positive experience while staying at Four Points Memphis Southwind. We understand the importance of safety and cleanliness in a hotel environment and are glad that we were able to provide that for you and your family. We hope that the next time you are in town you will stay with us again.
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

All of the staff are commendable. All Of Them!

Difficult time for our family as we buried my dad. The Four Points Sheraton Southwind made a difficult time very manageable.

The rooms are roomy and very comfortable. The water pressure is excellent and the bathrooms are nice and very clean.

Close to lots of restaurants if you dont want to eat on site.

I will stay there every time I am able.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David I
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear davidcisom,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your father, but I am glad that Four Points Memphis-Southwind was there to make the difficult time a little easier. I appreciate your kind words about the staff, and we look forward to having you on property again soon, hopefully under much happier conditions.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I checked in to the this hotel, which is no longer a comfort suites, it's a four points, on December 27, 2013 around 6:30pm. We had a long day and went to bed right after we got in. I thought I felt something while watching tv but dismissed it and thought nothing else of it. I woke up at 11 to find a bed bug scrambling around in our bed! My husband used a hotel info card to catch it and put it in a coffee cup. We took it downstairs. The clerk smelled the cup, and then opened it and confirmed it was a bedbug and assured us we would not be charged for the room. I'm still not sure why she smelled it, but we checked out immediately! I feel the need to mention we have been in and out of the area a lot lately and stayed at this location the previous week as well. We also had trouble with the bed being dirty during that stay. We switched rooms three times before they found us a clean one! We only gave them a second chance because the price and location were convenient.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank hrm0004
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear hrm0004,
I am so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had while staying at our hotel. I completely understand your frustrations and concerns in regards to the bed bug you found, and am glad that you brought this to the attention of the hotel and they comp'd your room. We certainly have taken all the necessary precautions to address the issues that you faced so that they are no longer an issue for the hotel, but I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I have forwarded this review along to our management team so that it remains on the forefront of their mind. Again, I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than enjoyable, but I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Memphis.
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night while on a business trip. The rooms are great, clean, trendy and the beds are amazing. The bar and lounge area is on site but is less then expected. Very small selection of drinks and food. However, breakfast is much better.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business