“Loved this donut shop!”

Ranked #1 of 42 Dessert in Memphis
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Is it crazy to go here 3 times during a weekend trip? Not if you love donuts! On our first trip here, we had the pumpkin spice donut, blueberry donut, maple bacon donut, and the long eclair type donut (chocolate frosting with banana cream on the inside). We also ordered a cup of coffee.

First, I'd like to say, their coffee is awesome. I don't know what brand they're brewing, how they're brewing (looks like conventional, high volume, drip brewer), but it was awesome. It was so good with my donuts.

The pumpkin spice donuts were amazing! It was like everything you love in a pumpkin spice latte in a cake donut. Everything was just right and now I'm going to be mad when my local donut shop doesn't carry pumpkin spice donuts. Blueberry donut was also awesome! You could see a ton of the dried blueberries in the donut, and the glaze wasn't too sweet. The maple bacon donut was great! One of the best ones I've had because the bacon on top is real. I actually wanted to just eat the bacon off the top. My only complaint was that I wish the yeast donut underneath was a little warmer/fresher. The long eclair donut was really good, but a little too big. I kind of got tired of eating it (ok yes, I know I just ate 3 other donuts.).

We came back a second time to have another pumpkin spice donut. And after a long night, we stopped by (donuts are 1/2 off!! late at night) and had another old fashioned donut, glazed donut, and blueberry. The old fashioned donut was good, but I could have used some glaze. I loved the glazed donut. Even at night it was fresh and not overly sweet.

If Gibson's was in my town, this would be my donut shop.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The red velvet and blueberry donuts were fantastic! Some of the best I've ever had. I will say that we went in the afternoon and the staff of teenagers seemed to be there to socialize more than to serve donuts, but service aside, the donuts were great!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is simple - if you like donuts, you need to go to Gibson's. It's well worth visiting if you ever find yourself in Memphis. What's best about Gibson's if that each type of donut - whether it's yeasted or cake, iced or glazed, is going to be the best you've ever had. And the prices are unreasonably cheap.

Very friendly staff. Can't recommend this place enough!

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Like most people, I was always drawn to the hot doughnuts sign in the Krispy Cream windows. That is until I had Gibson's. These are the best doughnuts in the city!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The donuts here are outstanding! I consider myself a donut fanatic - and these are hard to beat! Do not miss it!