“stayed near Camp Jordan Tn.”
Review of Motel 6 Memphis

Motel 6 Memphis
Motel 6 Memphis
Ranked #113 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Laotto, Indiana
“stayed near Camp Jordan Tn.”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

we really needed a handicap accessible room. bathroom is to small for even the average person, let alone a person with a walker. barely room to get the walker around the beds.
we have had this issue with just about every hotel except with the Seralago in Kissimmee Fl.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Well what an eye opener this was!!!

Firstly staff were great and helpful but place was a dump dirty bathrooms toilet roll holders falling off the wall beds which had massive craters in them craters that would give even the largest ones on the Moon a run for their money. Pink soap scum and mould around all bathroom surfaces, bathroom reaked of urine. I thought I was being smart by staying in the heart of Graceland wow what a mistake that was. Stay in the downtown area pay a bit more. Please please just don't do it So be warned. To the managers or owners, guys invest in some new bedding and some decent cleaning equipment please i have had better night sleeps on Park benches

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Bluefield, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 November 2010

My room was nice and clean it's now a Motel 6 very quiet place to stay Amber the desk clerk was very friendly. She went out of her way to help me and make me feel comfortable. My house keeper was also the same way. I'am not sure how the hotel use to be when it was days inn but I had no problems with my stay at all. Only thing I wish they had breakfast. Would stay again if I have to go back to Memphis.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
San Pedro Sula
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I booked this place online the Motel 6 web site because it listed it as "New Location" and it was cheaper that the others. It basically had a Days Inn sign removed and Motel 6 put up over it. The desk clerk was very nice and offered to help with info, etc. The room was nice. Inspected the bed thoroughly for bed bugs and found none so I stayed. King bed was huge but the matress was old and a strange sleep for me. The room was clean it had all I needed. The pool was open indoors. It is very tiny and not much to it, but it was an extra. Morning had coffee. Wi-fi was free which was nice compaired to other Motel 6's that charge for it. The location may be kind of sketchy, but I am not from Memphis so I don't know. I did not go walking but saw some scary people walking by. I drove about 15 minutes into town to Beale St. and came back for the night then left the next morning. It was a good cheap stay over for me on my cross country drive.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Minnesota
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Foreign desk clerk acted indifferent. The place smelled. Broken windows. Seedy part of town.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steamerfan
mississsippi
Reviewed 27 September 2009

My wife and I drove up for a weekend get away, checked in after dealing with ruge receptionist walked in smelly room with wall cracking, dinge towels, Went back down for refund within 10 minute i was told we don't usally give refund they offered to show us a better room, when was'nt we offered a good room in the first place in they had a better room, WE WILL NOT BE COMING BACK

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Check in was a pain, copies made of my credit card and license and I think that's illegal, but I was able to get the copy. Rooms plain and the towels were old, thin and dirty. I've used better towels to dry my dog! The TV was fuzzy with bad reception it was noisy and no place to eat nearby, the gas station next door had bars on the windows and thick glass. The breakfast was a nasty little honey bun and stale cereal. And the clerk was a sleep behind the counter. I will not recommend or ever stay there again, NEVER! And internet was a pain to get on, with logging in, timers and passwords that would allow you to access much at all.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family