Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Airport
Comfort Inn(Memphis)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewstypical courtyardbistro stafffront deskoffice parkan early flightgated parkingthe shuttle driverrental carindustrial areaparking lot isnext morningminute driveroom keywould stay here againclean hotelone night staybeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The Courtyard at the Airport has an excellent staff! They are helpful and friendly and all around nice people!! We enjoyed the bistro and the room was very clean. The hotel itself is average however the staff made all the difference.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We spent a Friday night at Courtyard since we had a flight out of Memphis the next day. We had planned to stay at the nearby Holiday Inn at the Airport but were dumped on by Holiday Inn in that they canceled our reservation due to leaking pipes without any notice. (I have written a separate review about them.) The room was average but clean. The bed was sufficiently comfortable. The shower was very nice. We parked our truck there for two weeks and took their shuttle to the airport. They charge five dollars a day for parking which is less than the airport, but when we returned to Memphis and called them to pick us up, it was almost 30 minutes before they arrived. That was certainly a negative after a long trip. I probably would not stay at this Courtyard again since it is not as good a property is Drury. It would probably be a decent place to stay for somebody in town on business who doesn't have transportation and could utilize their shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JMTurnbow
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here twice during separate trips. I thought by the price I would get a little more..... I was mistaken. The area is rather sketchy with razor wire on top of local businesses and the room was tiny. The bar was more of a bistro and not a bar like I was expecting. I will admit that everything was nice, but I feel I could get a lot more for the same money using a chain like Choice Hotels or Drury..... I hope that courtyard has its loyal followers because I will not stay at any of their hotels again unless they decide to give more for the money. Let me add that I stay in a hotel 300 days out of the year, I will not just sleep anywhere either because i am rather picky. An added note, most other chains will let you negotiate a corporate rate, not here!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Reluctantly stayed here overnight vs downtown area, used Marriott points. Wasn't expecting much more than a lot jet engine noise and "okay" accommodations. Was totally surprised by the contemporary lounge/restaurant/bar just off the check-in area. Dropped our bags in the nice room and went tearing back out to enjoy the atmosphere. Not a lot of people, but lounge was a great alternative place to sit and chill, after driving in a car for hours and vs going straight to a normal claustrophobic room. Banquettes with built-in TVs were great. Just very inviting after a long day. Had two great apps-hummus plate with fresh veggies and shrimp wontons- both great. Breakfast tacos next day were spot on. No jets kept me up. Only 6 miles from downtown. Wd def return if in the area, and...IF they fix my shower, so it isn't only 250 degrees again. Rm 116. Check it out, Marriott guys.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mcstroz
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The only thing good about this place was the drink in the lobby and the fact that they did call taxi cabs when asked. Negatives 1) calling for and being picked up with their airport shuttle took an hour and they are only 8 minutes away! 2) Lay out of hotel is terrible...LONG walk to elevator and another long walk to the room. 3) Night desk was not helpful nor was I acknowledged as a Rewards member. 4) While everything appeared fairly clean, there was an extremely strong smell of disinfectant throughout the premises. 5) Absolutely nothing but a poor Subway Sandwich shop within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank j2-TRIP
General M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

We work hard to insure that each guest is completely satisfied during every stay and are very disappointed if we fall short. Please accept our apology for anything less than completely satisfied. The airport shuttle is scheduled at 30 minute intervals and should change only during an emergency. We're pleased you found your room clean. However the room smell we want is neutral. The Subway is walking distance. Our Front Desk will provide a list of over 20 eateries a short drive from the property.

We do appreciate your staying with us and appreciate your membership as a Rewards Member.

Bob - General Manager