Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown
Ranked #44 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Theft”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My mother and I stayed here over a month ago. While we were sleeping, someone broke into our room and stole a substantial amount of money without us knowing. In the morning I found my wallet, my mother’s purse, and another man’s wallet on the landing of the fire stairwell on the floor. Only cash was taken. A police report was filed. Unfortunately, there were no cameras on that floor or that stairwell, so no further law enforcement action could be taken by the Memphis Police Department. What was disturbing to me was the Police Department told me that crimes have occurred at this very Holiday Inn Express in the past, but there is never enough evidence to do anything about it. This basically reeks of an inside job. I filed a report with the Corporate Offices in Atlanta. My concern is others will be victimized of a crime due to a lack of security controls at this establishment. They said they would investigate and report back to me in 21 days. It is now over a month and I feel I am being ignored. I am very disappointed. I have stayed at Holiday Inn for many trips. This is something to consider before making reservations at this Memphis location.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank IM4MSU
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear IM4MSU,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We are pleased to see after your review was posted our Customer Care department was in contact, and able to be of assistance.

Ben J
IHG Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Used this hotel as a one night stop over, before moving onto Nashville the following afternoon, after sampling the sights in the morning. The hotel ticked every box. The room was clean & comfortable, the breakfast plentiful, the pool small, but clean & very welcome and the location, a couple of easily drivable miles outside of the main tourist area and offering excellent value as a result. Special mention must however go to the Hotel Manager, Jay Park, who worked tirelessly to make us and all the other guests feel welcome. He is an absolute credit to Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2014
Mandeville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Good location from zoo, beale street, restaurants, and museums for a good price. Rooms were clean but small and a little outdated. Pool was very dirty and not taken care of. Breakfast was just okay but they do give out free popcorn and cookies at 5. Overall I would stay here again but leave my swimsuits at home.

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Saleyhimms,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention. I have taken note of your comments regarding the pool. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for your time and for staying with us.

Connie D
IHGCare
Brenham, Tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here while traveling through Memphis for just one night. Picked it due to price and convenience. The rooms are Ok but need a little TLC. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I was traveling with a loaded trailer and was so concerned about the neighborhood, I did not park the car and trailer in their parking lot but left it in a more secure area of Memphis.

I am just posting this for those who are concerned about the safety of their vehicles when travelling through Memphis. They do have a security guard walking the property at night, but was told they have had problems in the recent past.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gary L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear 2donkeys,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry some aspects of our hotel were not to your liking. I am pleased that our staff was able to offset this displeasure with great service. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Jaime W
IHGCare
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are small but nice and very comfortable. The included breakfast was nice, though often over crowded. The location is just a short way from all of the major tourist attractions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank HijoDelSol
North Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was perfect for what we needed, meaning it was a $10 cab ride to Beale Street. The neighborhood seemed questionable, but they had security guards patrolling the parking lot. We felt very safe considering. The rooms were smaller than usual, but about right for a downtown hotel. Like most Holiday Inn Express', they had a nice full continental breakfast, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool. While we didn't use the gym (it looked nice through the door though), we did enjoy the pool for a couple hours in the afternoon. All in all, it was better than I was expecting.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank carabenkoz
Sawyer, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, and although renovations were under way (one of the elevators was being fixed and only one was working but still dis not have to wait long). The staff was excellent and the breakfast was good! Would stay there again! Also have free popcorn and cookies at certain times during the day!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family