All reviewshi expresssweet teafree bottled waterbeale streetfront deskmemphis visitspecial thankssecurity guardsafe locationfridge and microwaveroom was cleannight's sleepwould definitely stay here againexcellent stayeasy accesshousekeeping staffsouthern hospitality
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

The Staff was super southern style friendly. The breakfast attendant was bubbly and attentive to everyone. Room was clean and comfy. Thank you to the staff for being so lovely. We will return soon. Highly reccomend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the room clean and the staff friendly. We look forward to seeing you next time when your travels bring you to the Memphis area. Thank you for you review.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Recently stayed there just this month. One of the best experiences we have had. Rooms were very clean. Bed very comfortable. No hallway noise. The breakfast bar was the best I have ever had at a hotel. Large variety to choose from. Afternoon snacks were also good. I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was very friendly, from the receptionist to the housekeepers. Even the manager came over and we had a great conversation with him as well. very helpful in suggesting places to eat or visit. Everyone had a smile as if to say they really enjoyed their jobs. Would definitely recommend this place and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank djdenrn
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and it was one of the best experiences. The team members are truly ambassadors to the city and the hotel. They take great pride and I am going to share your comments with them as they will get even more excited that they made a difference in your stay. We can't wait to see you next. Thank you for review.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I was really impressed with this hotel (we stayed 3 nights) with one exception*. This is a very well-run hotel and the staff is well trained and very friendly and helpful. It was also very clean and in a safe, fairly quiet location with free and easy parking. It is a little more than a mile from downtown which you can safely drive or use Uber. Upon arrival there were cookies, popcorn, apples, oranges, lemonade and ice tea! Breakfast is the usual HIE kind but the breakfast helper was extremely friendly and helpful. *The one exception--no hot water the first night. However, they comped the room.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly. I apologize for the no hot water, we had some emergency repairs that came up to address this issue. The hotel is a great location in the mid town and downtown areas. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We arrived early (8.00 am) expecting to drop our bags and return and check in later in the day. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The room was ready and we were told to drop our bags in the room and come and have breakfast before unpacking.

The room itself was modern, well equipped and very clean.

Because of the bad weather expected in New Orleans, our onward travel plans were disrupted but the hotel was able to accommodate us for an extra day with no fuss.

Without exception, all the staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Kim for lots of suggestions of things to do on our extra day!!

The complimentary breakfasts are really good, lots of choices. There's coffee available all day in the lobby and in the evenings, cold tea and usually snacks (popcorn, cookies etc).

The location isn't the best, it's a cab ride to most places. But I'm so glad we stayed at this hotel for our trip to Memphis.

If you're visiting Memphis, be sure to go to the Blues City Cafe on Beale Street, great food, atmosphere and music.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we were able to make your trip more enjoyable for the extra day. There is so much to offer in the Memphis area and Kim is a true ambassador to the city and the hotel team. WE look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area. Thank you for review.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

My stay was great the breakfast was Good. Im so glad we picked this location for our stay it's close to everything and it was nice and comfortable. I really loved this spot it made my stay wonder and it was only for one night . Marty the front deck guy was nice and funny also very helpful great customer service

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our breakfast. We are a great location to everything the city has to offer I am glad Monty made a great impression during your stay. I am going share this with the team. Thank you for your review.