All reviews hi express sweet tea free bottled water beale street front desk memphis visit special thanks security guard safe location fridge and microwave room was clean night's sleep would definitely stay here again excellent stay easy access housekeeping staff southern hospitality
Reviewed 14 November 2017

When we first arrived we were a bit uneasy about the location, but as we drove around it was it was not far from all the happening spots. The rooms were very clean. The attendant Monty was very friendly and courteous. He was able to answer all our questions we had upon check-in and check out. He was always very quick on getting us checked in!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, we are a great location in Memphis which is central to all of the area attractions. I am glad to hear that Monty made an impression on your stay and was able to assist you with everything you needed. Thank you for you reveiew.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Location on Union Avenue, makes this hotel fairly close to everything we wanted to see. We used our car to get around (however we did not check out any public transportation.) Less than 10 minutes to Beale Street, about 17 minutes to Graceland, and about 5 minutes to the ball park. It is right off I-240. Since we were not familiar with Memphis when we booked, we were a little leary about the location since we were a group of 4 women, but we felt safe at ALL times. Staff was very friendly. Free breakfast was great. I had trouble getting on the wi-fi, but we were not at the hotel long enough for me to ask for assistance at the front desk. I would definitely book here when I visit Memphis again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JuneL
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient. Our location is very central to everything Memphis has to offer I am glad the staff was friendly and you enjoyed the breakfast. I apologize for the issue with the WI-FI, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

The location seems a little iffy but there is a security guard at times. This was one of the few hotels we looked at in Memphis that did not charge a parking fee. Hot cookies and tea or bottled water was waiting for us in the lobby when we arrived. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. We got checked in pretty quickly. There is a cooler with food items and snacks to purchase which is nice if you don’t feel like going out to eat.

Our room was nice with lots of lighting options. I hate dark hotel rooms! I can’t help but wonder what they are trying to hide. I especially liked the lights on the side of the headboard. You could turn on the lamps on the side of the bed or the bridge over the bed which was great if you had things to do and the other person was trying to rest or watch tv. I liked the lounger with the side table. That was a nice touch. It’s a great place to put your suitcase or relax. There was a small fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee maker. The bed was high but clean and comfortable. The desk was nice. There are a lot of outlets including USB strip on side of the bed. There is a wardrobe to hang clothes. The corner bathroom was nice and clean. I didn’t particularly care for the smell of the cleaning products but it didn’t bother anyone else. There wasn’t much walkway at the froot of the bed. Housekeeping did not replace my dirty linens that I left outside the door like I was instructed to do by one of the cleaning ladies. I don’t understand why she just didn’t give me the towels to begin with since she had a cart. Although in their defense I did have the do not disturb sign on the door. The free breakfast was good. Love those cinnamon buns! Yum! Overall it was a good stay but probably would be a little apprehensive to stay there if I weren’t traveling with my husband.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denisegdavid

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the lighting options to fit your needs, the rooms are newly renovated with the most up to date technology for our guest. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and your are right the cinnamon buns are a favorite. I apologize for your linens not being replaced one day. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I chose this hotel after the Peabody told me they were full with their preferred rates and I would have to pay top dollar. I could not be happier with my decision! The staff were all excellent and so friendly! The rooms looked brand new and my bed was a dream. Plus don't miss the cookies and fresh popcorn at 4pm.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

I am glad you had a chance to stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. The team takes great pride in really showing the hospitality we have here. Thank you for you review.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

From the moment I arrived I was pleased. The breakfast was delivered with high excellence by Sabrina. Adrian provided a warm welcome at check-in. Monty delivered premium service as we checked out to conclude our stay. I believe that this weekend getaway with my wife was enhanced by the quality and service provided by the staff. We will be staying here again.!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

I am glad you had a great stay and the Sabrina, Adrian, and Monty prooivded you with great service. We can't wait to see you the next time you visit. Thank you for your review.