All reviews hi express sweet tea free bottled water beale street front desk memphis visit special thanks security guard safe location fridge and microwave room was clean night's sleep would definitely stay here again excellent stay easy access housekeeping staff southern hospitality
Reviewed 2 January 2018

I was leery from some sites listing this hotel at 2 stars but since it was a Holiday Inn I decided to take a chance. The room was great. The location was maybe 5 minute drive to Beale. Easy off and on to the interstate. Should be 3 if not 3.5 stars.

Room Tip: The elevators are in the back if you're on a higher floor, so park accordingly.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we are a great location in mid town and right next to all of the activities downtown. Thank you for you review.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Good location close to downtown. Not worthy of the Holiday Inn Express name however. The hotel smelled like dirty old carpet upon walking in. I would had left had it not had been late the evening we arrived. Room looked dated, bathroom door was not leveled properly and would not even fit within the frame, which made it unable to close. Very disappointing stay. Good thing we only had to endure for one night.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

I apologize you did not enjoy your stay, the hotel just recently completed a full renovation to the newest Holiday Inn Express designs. We will make sure to look into the issues you had with the carpet and the bathroom door to make sure other guest do not experience the same. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Miss Adrian Z. was So very kind and accommodating every time we stepped into your lobby! She was ALWAYS smiling and helped us with every detail of our plans! We stayed from Thursday 12/28 - 12/30/17 and she just went above and beyond!
She's a keeper and I hope we will see her managing the front desk with our next trip to Memphis! Room was very clean and cleaning staff were very friendly, too!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LoveCy2017
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during the Liberty bowl and I am glad to hear that Adrian made your stay even better. She is a true asset to the team and your are right she always has a smile to greet our guest. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Memphis. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We asked for the quietest room and even though it was New Year's Eve we never heard a thing! Room clean, heating effective (and it was 10 degrees outside). They even had a nice little popcorn-and-cookies thing in the evening. The Wifi, however, was quite slow and spotty. And it is a little pricey.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our room clean, quiet, and friendly staff. I apologize for the issues with your WIFI connection. We were having some technical issues that have been addressed. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here recently on our way to Nashville and on the way back home. We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel seems to be new or recently remodeled. The rooms are very pretty and well furnished. The beds are so comfortable! The staff were all very friendly and helpful! The complimentary breakfast was great and I loved the fact there was complimentary bottled water always available and delicious coffee always available in the lobby!A special thanks to Adrian and Darrell at the front desk!

Stayed: December 2017
Jeff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

I am glad you choose to stay with us both times traveling through the Memphis area. We are recently renovated and I am glad you found it well furnished and the bed comfortable. Adrian and Darrell will be excited to hear how they were able to make your stay even better. Thank you for your review.