“Nesting bed for Nasty Truck Drivers” 1 of 5 bubbles

Airport Inn
Airport Inn
Ranked #100 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nesting bed for Nasty Truck Drivers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

This was by far the worse place I have ever stayed. I am female and I was there to visit a friend. I found out that the owners of this hotel also own a trucking company (Nationwide Carriers) and they run the trucking company out of the hotel. I saw a ton of 18-wheelers around back. That is why their parking lot is full of potholes.

When I was there, I was walking out the front door and two nasty, dirty truck drivers approached me and said that they have a community room (I think it is room 146 if my memory serves me correctly) and I look like I like to have fun and asked me to come to their rooms. I was scared, and I lied and said I was waiting on my husband to come to the lobby. The truck drivers said they stay in the hotel for free because it is their home office for their company and they love to have fun.

This hotel is also lurking with prostitutes, who know about the trucker room. You can see these women walking around the halls and the management is aware, but they don't care. They allow these women to come into their establishment to "please their drivers".

I am a family oriented person, and I did realize such things existed. All the other negative comments about the rooms are correct, from holes in the ceiling to one of the hallway walls completely exposed to the outside world. It is not safe, and after one night I was out of there. I am writing this review to warn people about the dangers they are in with these horny, nasty truck driver's they have lurking around the place. One truck driver said to me they are bored cause they don't have a car and their boss won't let them drive the big truck, so all they do is walk the halls looking for a "good time." Everyone - beware!

Oh yeah, and the black lady at the counter is VERY RUDE, and the Indian guy that was there the next morning was acting and talking like he was a rapper, and he was rude. Just a really weird experience for me. I won't be going back!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank mrharvey86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hertford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Just to put this review in context we stayed in this motel as part of a 3400 mile 2 week road trip where we stayed in motels pretty much every night. This motel was the worst of the lot :(

The motel was conveniently located next to the interstate and pretty close to Graceland - our main criteria really for staying. We would have stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn nearby except thought this other place would be worth a try!

The staff on the front desk were friendly enough particularly when asking directions into town. The rooms were a decent size but very dated and smelt of stale smoke - the old paintings on the wall did bring a smile though!

The bathroom was pretty big though not very clean - so much so that the next morning there was a cockroach in the bathroom and an ant in the bed!

As a result didn't want to try the included breakfast - and the internet connection on the PC was one of the slowest.

Appreciate wasn't paying Hilton rates but would at least expect to sleep somewhere which is clean and non-smoking as paid for. Trade descriptions act anybody?

And to top it off when we checked out in the morning, the police squad turned up to evict a guest!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank MaverickSMI
Pittsburgh PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

We booked this motel based on both price (we were traveling on a very tight budget) and proximity to the airport and Graceland when we were in Memphis. We were in town both for a wedding but also to do some sightseeing at Graceland and downtown.
We were a little hesitant upon driving to the motel and upon check-in based on the look of the motel and all the strip clubs we passed on our way there but it was very late and we were exhausted so we figured we'd sleep there and then find somewhere else for our other 2 nights if necessary.
The hallway had a bit of a urine smell but our room, sheets and bathroom were clean and the motel was very quiet. We didn't hear a peep out of anyone else.
We did have to ask for directions at the front desk and the employees were always very friendly and helpful.
The room was clean, housekeeping did their job and we felt safe. Airport Inn isn't a luxury resort by any means but the only time we spent there was to shower and sleep and for the price it wasn't bad.

Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank camoang
caribbean
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2009

i read with amusement the critics on this hotel you would think that they paid Hilton prices and expect Buckingham Palace Service. I am not related in any way to this establishment but I believe that with the price i paid it was well worth it. Maybe these are people who expect to pay pennies for a meal and expect a five course meal ate but hey when i am on vacation i need a clean, safe environment and this hotel delivered. I was especially taken aback by the friendliness of the staff and a manager by the name of Karnail .

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

Well I just stumbled upon this site & I've read all of the negative responses about this hotel. If what everyone's saying that happened to them during their stay is true, I feel sorry
for them & NOBODY deserves that type of treatment in ANY hotel that a customer pays to stay at. However from the experience that I had there in 8/2007, I can tell you that I had
nothing but a great time at this hotel. I had a nice room to stay at, air conditioner was
working in the 100+ degree weather & the staff was friendly. And for those wondering, no
I'm NOT associated with ANYONE at this hotel, I'm just a customer from NY that had a
great time during Elvis Week at my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank elvis4life
Trumansburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

I chose to stay here while visiting the Memphis area mostly because of the good rate. Of course, you get what you pay for but it seemed ok for me. However I needed to check out 1 day early and they charged my card for the full 5 nights I originally planned instead of the 4 nights . If you choose to stay don't let them charge your account ahead of time. I'm still fighting for 1 nights credit on my card. The desk people have no authority and I'm told that I need to talk to the "manager" named Gary who is like chasing a ghost. I wouldn't recommend this hotel mainly because there seems to be no accountability or customer service.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank RuralNYtraveler
ft. myers
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2008

This place is a converted Holiday Inn. I can see why they got rid of it. The toilet didn't work. The halls are dark and dirty and don't leave anything valuable in your car cause the security is terrible. It's cheap and it worked for the night but don't stay long. What a dump!!!

Stayed October 2008