“ghetto”

Airport Inn
Airport Inn
Ranked #106 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 21 December 2013

FREEZING COLD ROOMS & HALLS!! Its extremely cheap. I question if the whole hotel was even in operation,it was a shambles. The place is musty as a whole and made us get soar throats it was horrific! I certainly wont return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed a few nights here but as a single woman alone was not comfortable. Reputation is connected to truckers. At first was given a room next to a noisy ice machine but they were kind enough to change to a quieter room. Paid in advance for 5 days but left on 4th day and they would not credit my card for the last day even though it was 24 hours prior. Numerous calls to "manager" only gave one excuse after another. I definitely would not recommend this for women travelers.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

Nice interstate view, decent rooms, desk clerks were very helpful and the best part was the price. This is one of the better hotels in the area. Wouldnt mind staying again to save some $$$. Maid was nice, met my needs, and gave me a few extra towels too. Great service is hard to come by nowadays so I was very appreciative. Thanks Airport inn!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank hk47901
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My sisters and I go to Memphis once a year and I said "hey we've never stayed here why don't we try this", I so regret saying this!!! When I was checking in the lady behind the counter was real nice. There was another woman in the lobby that was telling me that his hotel was so clean and a great place to stay, she also added that she stayed at this hotel every 30 to 60 days. I thought well it should be good, right? Boy was I ever wrong!!!! We got the VIP hall, what a joke! Filthy floors walls and glass! The entire thing was filthy! I was told we could NOT have a refund! I could also go on and on from no room service to the sticky dirty carpet to the Wi-fi in the lobby only! OMGosh never again!!! Just pay a little more and get a good room!

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good and the employees are VERY rude! No refunds, just skip this dump!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anna R
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I can't believe that 5 years after my last visit in this hotel, it has proven to be what most people here have said about it, HORRIBLE! Here's 1 example, their phone service DID NOT work at all. So when I told them about this, the lady said "well if you need to make a call, you can use my cell phone". Really? So if she's not there when I need to use it, who else should I ask because of their phones not working? Also, the hotel keys CONSTANTLY wouldn't work & I had to keep going to them to make the keys work again. And not that it really matters, but the huge section where they used to have their free breakfast at, has been switched to a VERY SMALL room. And 1 more thing folks, their rugs are FILTHY, which explained why all of my white socks were pitch black very quick when I walked on them in my room. Again folks, PLEASE disregard my previous 10/27/2009 post as I'll NEVER return to this hotel EVER again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank elvis4life
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. Hallways dark and smelly, The room was filthy. Only 2 towels in the bathroom. The hot water faucet in the tub fell off. The toilet paper holder fell out of the counter. Only half the outlets in the room worked.

The place is a fire hazard. I cannot believe it is allowed to stay open. The electrical circuit room was being cooled by a box fan with the circuit board exposed. The circuits were snapping and popping every time I passed the room. This was about 15 feet from the side door that was padlocked shut after 9:00 PM because the lock on the door had been removed. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I would not recommend this place to the devil himself.

The woman at the desk asked me to pay cash because the credit card printer was out of paper or something stupid like that.

If I could give this a zero rating I would.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is the worst place in Memphis to stay. The hallways are dark and dingy and the rooms stink. The bathrooms are filthy. There are hookers, drug dealers, and drug users all over. And to make matters worse, there is a horrible bedbug problem. My fiancee and I have red bumps all over our bodies and we even saw a couple of the critters crawling across the bed! The price is good; but, the money saved was spent on medicines and anti-itch creams from all of the bedbug bites. BEWARE, don't go!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple