“Get What You Pay For”

Ranked #99 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Pittsburgh PA
“Get What You Pay For”
Reviewed 28 December 2009

We booked this motel based on both price (we were traveling on a very tight budget) and proximity to the airport and Graceland when we were in Memphis. We were in town both for a wedding but also to do some sightseeing at Graceland and downtown.
We were a little hesitant upon driving to the motel and upon check-in based on the look of the motel and all the strip clubs we passed on our way there but it was very late and we were exhausted so we figured we'd sleep there and then find somewhere else for our other 2 nights if necessary.
The hallway had a bit of a urine smell but our room, sheets and bathroom were clean and the motel was very quiet. We didn't hear a peep out of anyone else.
We did have to ask for directions at the front desk and the employees were always very friendly and helpful.
The room was clean, housekeeping did their job and we felt safe. Airport Inn isn't a luxury resort by any means but the only time we spent there was to shower and sleep and for the price it wasn't bad.

Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank camoang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
caribbean
Reviewed 6 November 2009

i read with amusement the critics on this hotel you would think that they paid Hilton prices and expect Buckingham Palace Service. I am not related in any way to this establishment but I believe that with the price i paid it was well worth it. Maybe these are people who expect to pay pennies for a meal and expect a five course meal ate but hey when i am on vacation i need a clean, safe environment and this hotel delivered. I was especially taken aback by the friendliness of the staff and a manager by the name of Karnail .

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Well I just stumbled upon this site & I've read all of the negative responses about this hotel. If what everyone's saying that happened to them during their stay is true, I feel sorry
for them & NOBODY deserves that type of treatment in ANY hotel that a customer pays to stay at. However from the experience that I had there in 8/2007, I can tell you that I had
nothing but a great time at this hotel. I had a nice room to stay at, air conditioner was
working in the 100+ degree weather & the staff was friendly. And for those wondering, no
I'm NOT associated with ANYONE at this hotel, I'm just a customer from NY that had a
great time during Elvis Week at my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank elvis4life
Trumansburg
Reviewed 4 June 2009

I chose to stay here while visiting the Memphis area mostly because of the good rate. Of course, you get what you pay for but it seemed ok for me. However I needed to check out 1 day early and they charged my card for the full 5 nights I originally planned instead of the 4 nights . If you choose to stay don't let them charge your account ahead of time. I'm still fighting for 1 nights credit on my card. The desk people have no authority and I'm told that I need to talk to the "manager" named Gary who is like chasing a ghost. I wouldn't recommend this hotel mainly because there seems to be no accountability or customer service.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank RuralNYtraveler
ft. myers
Reviewed 5 October 2008

This place is a converted Holiday Inn. I can see why they got rid of it. The toilet didn't work. The halls are dark and dirty and don't leave anything valuable in your car cause the security is terrible. It's cheap and it worked for the night but don't stay long. What a dump!!!

Stayed October 2008
2 Thank travelinfoolFt_Myers
lousiana
Reviewed 2 October 2008

THIS HOTEL NEEDS TO BE BLOCKED FROM ALL HOTEL BOOKING SITES. It needs to be demolished......The rooms were HOT AND FILTHY! There were used wet bath towels from previous customers that were left hanging in the shower and on the floor of the room, and this was at 4:00 in the evening. A room should be clean by this time of the day by house keeping. I don't think that this hotel has housekeeping as filthy as it was.....I never saw anyone from housekeeping in the hotel, at all. The beds were stained and unmade, and there were bed bugs in the beds. The walls had the appearance of mold on them.......AT LEAST I HOPE THAT'S WHAT IT WAS, BECAUSE MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS THAT IT WAS FECES. Shortly after I had checked in, I went to the front desk to get a refund, but the clerks at the front desk FLAT OUT REFUSED to give me a refund, and when I asked to speak to the manager, he refused to come out to speak to me. Overall, the staff was very rude and nasty, and rather than stay in this sewer for one minute, I just considered the money spent on this piece of dump a complete loss, and I went to a better, much cleaner, and reputable hotel for a room. I would never recommend this hell hole of a hotel for anyone to stay in. It is a HOT, NASTY HOTEL and don't stay in it UNLESS YOU DO NOT MIND TAKING THE RISK OF CATCHING A COMMUNICABLE DISEASE....STD OR WORST........... IF SOMEONE RECOMMENDS THIS HOTEL TO YOU, DON'T WALK AWAY...RUN!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING!!!!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank theresa777
everywhere
Reviewed 25 June 2008

My husband and I visited Memphis and just dropped into the Airport Inn. All seemed well until we got checked in and got to our room. The room smelled horrible, the walls were a color I can't even describe, the floors were nasty, and I was even afraid to go to the bathroom. The bathroom was NASTY!! I even refused to use the toilet paper there. The bathroom also had other peoples hair in the tub and pee everywhere. There were homeless people walking around once it got dark and other creepy people about. They say you get a continental breakfast in their pamplets, but then acted like we were stupid when we asked about it. We tried talking to the front desk about leaving and they refused to give us our money back even tho we just checked in. She was rude and was cursing at me. I would not recommend this place even to my worst enemy. This place should really be shut down. I have stayed in some bad places but this is the first time that I couldn't even go to sleep because I feared for my life!

• Liked — there was nothing to like about the place except that it is close to Graceland
  • Disliked — everything, I was in hell for the night.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank ckrey