“All in one!”

Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
Ranked #19 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
“All in one!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I enjoyed my recent stay. Nice size rooms, quiet, and super comfy beds. I like that there is a bar and restaurant on sight. I heard complaints on the pricing but I figure of course you pay more for the convience. A few staff members were not on there a game but again you will have that. Would definitely stay again. The pool is closed and I was disappointed. We were offered to go to the local YMCA. Just not what I was looking for in rest and relaxation

• Stayed February 2014
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hello Mdpbsmith,

Well....i'm a little late in responding to your review but wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words about our property and staff. We strive to be the best in Memphis and will continue to work hard to be the best! Good news....our pool renovation is over and we have a beautiful pool area for our guests...as well as a state of the art fitness center! This summer we are renovating all of our rooms and public space. Thanks for staying with us. I appreciate your business.
Dan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Arrived in Memphis on an Amtrak overnight sleeper train, we checked into the Sheraton at 8 am local, although the hotel website states 4pm as earliest check-in time! This early check-in was a big bonus to weary travellers – thank you Sheraton.
The hotel oozes luxury throughout and the large airy rooms on the 8th floor are no exception, they are comfortable and cosy and our two night stay was relaxing and enjoyable. The hotel boasts a small coffee/gift shop which we found useful and convenient, this complements the full restaurant and bar service also provided. Breakfast choices are divided (with relevant pricing structure) into the various types including continental, full hot and cold buffet service – well worth an early morning visit.
The hotel is situated on Main Street with a trolley stop outside the hotel door which gives you a $1 trolley ride to Beale Street and the Downtown area, Graceland’s and other Memphis attractions can also be easily accessed. The Sheraton provided a pleasant and very comfortable stay – a suggested enhancement to the rooms would be the inclusion of in-room safes.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wiltspolo7
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Bravo! Thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The added Starbucks coffee specialty drinks in the gift shop has been a winner for us! Our guests love that amenity! And more good news....we are starting a rennovation in June - all of our rooms will be redone to include an in-room safe! We are very excited about all the changes that will happen at this property! We appreciate your business and hope to see you back in the future.
Cheers,
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

A two night business conference brought me to this hotel. The positive aspects are the friendly staff, cleanliness, and spacious rooms. The draw back would be there phone system. $1 for a local call? Not being able to access messages is also a problem. Nice location less than a mile from Beale Street and Orpheum Theater. Also would have liked to have known the pool was down when I got my room confirmation.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is important that our business guests have everything they need to get their job done! My apologies for the miscommunication about the pool. We are excited to be able to upgrade this area to provide an excellent product to our guests. Our fitness center was just completed in December and with the strong positive feedback we have received with this, we decided to do the pool area as well. Hopefully you will be able to come back and stay with us and enjoy this beautiful space. Thanks for the feedback and for a positive review. I really appreciate it.
All the Best,
Tifton, Georgia
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I must say, the experience with this hotel was wonderful until checkout. I was staying at the hotel for a conference. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the hotel and rooms were clean and appealing. The trolley line made travel through the downtown area convenient, and there was a location pickup directly outside of the hotel. The room price was a little steep, but you are paying for convenience and location.
My issues started upon checkout. When I had checked into the hotel, they ran my card, and put a hold that was for more than the room cost. Upon departure, they said I had a balance of slightly under the amount they had put as a hold. The amount I had in my account was enough to cover the price of the hotel. When they ran my card for the balance, the payment would not go through because of the hold they had put on my account. So ultimately, they were trying to charge me twice what the hotel was to reimburse me later.
The moral is: to avoid the 2.5 hour frustrating, stressful experience I had, don't use a debit card or pay in cash. It's not worth the convenience or location to serve as go between for hotel and bank.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 February 2014

From the valet who first greeted us to the front desk personnel, the manager, and the gentleman who helped us with our luggage, the staff were universally and consistently welcoming, warm and helpful. When they found out it was my wife's birthday the manager very kindly upgraded our room, and they even sent up chocolate-covered strawberries and a nice card. We were so impressed with the thoughtfulness and hospitality, and it helped make our entire trip. Would recommend to anyone :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Logan B
Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown! I'm so happy we were able to be apart of the special occasion and that the team here made it memorable for you! I certainly appreciate you taking the time to recognize the staff for an outstanding job and will be sharing this review with them at our next employee rally! We look forward to having you back in the future!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I visited this Sheraton location for one night, just a brief trip to see the basketball game for my birthday. We arrived around 4pm and left the next morning around 9am. The staff was above and beyond friendly, from valet service, to front desk staff, to the concierge/bellman. We were truly blown away by the excellent way we were treated. They upgraded our room at no additional cost and even came by our room with a complimentary treat and hand-written card after the game. I almost cried. The room was really nice, warm & toasty, with a wonderful view. The bed was comfy, the shower was hot, and all of it was very clean. We took the trolley to dinner and to the FedEx Forum, which was very easy to get to and inexpensive. We will definitely be telling all of our friends and family about our experience. We were very well-taken care of and will definitely be back. PS-I mentioned the time we arrived, 4pm. I don't remember too many names of the staff, but if it is helpful to them to mention when we were there, I hope they are rewarded for their excellent service and professionalism.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeckyTwin
Dear Becky,
Wow....you're review is very generous! I cannot wait to share this one with the team. They work very hard on a daily basis to deliver memorable experiences for our guests and it's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the staff for doing such a great job! We can't wait to have you back!
Warm Regards,
Alabama
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Room was on 11th floor. Was slightly noisy at night, but it is next to a convention center so that's to be expected (young adults and children). Limited food options, but room service is available. Meals in the Magnolia Grill/Trolley Stop include typical American bar food (burgers, pizza, sandwiches). All of the staff members I encountered were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and spacious enough. Escalators were out of order so that congested the elevators but that's probably part of the renovations.

Stayed February 2014
Our motto here is to treat people as you would like to be treated and I'm so happy to read that you found our staff to be very friendly. It's all about hospitality and making our guests feel comfortable! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you back in the future. Cheers!