Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Madison Hotel(Memphis)
1,355 results
All reviewsconvention centermemphis downtownbeale streetthe club loungevalet parkingtrolley busnice hotelstarbucks coffeebuffet breakfastvalet servicemain streetbassmississippi rivercorner roomindoor poolthe room was nicefew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2014

First of all, you expect a certain level of creature comforts at a Sheraton (Starbucks coffee in the rooms, etc.) They delivered. The restaurant in the lobby has a wonderful breakfast buffet with omelet chef present (about $18, or $12 for continental breakfast w./o hot food). The bar in the evening was decent. The place distinguished itself in my mind because of the care and attention to our service dog. Seems the 4th floor is dog friendly and they were not put out in the least by the request to bring our dog. The Bell staff (particularly William) ensure a great stay and gave great food suggestions in town during our 4 day stay .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank BamaTourist
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Greetings Bama Tourist,

Thanks for taking the time to write of review of our hotel. I'm happy to read that you had a great stay with us and that William took good care of you. I will be recognizing William for a job well done! Your pets are our guests and we are thrilled to be able to provide accommodations that are just as comfortable for your dog as they are for you! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a pleasant hotel all the staff were friendly and helpful especially our breakfast server it
was a full American breakfast we had room 919 very comfortable with all the extras like shower gel,shampoo etc some of the residents were rather noisy returning to their rooms banging doors and yelling to each other at 3am

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cornishdragon2
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Greetings Cornishdragon2,
One thing that really irritates me is when guests that are staying in the hotel are not respectful of others - especially during sleeping hours. So on behalf of the guests who so rudely disturbed you and probably others that were sleeping, I truly am sorry. Kudos to the server in the restaruant! We are happy you had a great experience overall with the hotel. Come back and see us soon...we are making alot of changes!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here this past weekend for an event. When I arrived there was some confusion with the reservation that was quickly resolved by the reception. Also, when I left something behind at the valet desk, and someone called me right away to say they had found it. The bell staff was incredibly courteous and friendly, providing expert advice on the weekend's events. The room was clean and well-appointed, no real "wow" factor, but honestly I wasn't expecting it. The location is a bit away from the downtown area, but easily within walking distance of some good restaurants and right next to a trolley stop. The gym area is probably one of the nicest I've been to in a hotel, with a lot of weight options and updated cardio machines. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear CZ,

WOW....thank you for the great review! I'm glad to read that the staff went above your expectations. We just finished the renovation on the Fitness Center so if you really enjoyed that, wait until you experience our new renovated rooms that is starting in June. We will be completed by the end of September and this hotel will look amazing! I truly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our staff as they work hard every day to provide great service to our guests. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed for two nights during a recent stay in Memphis. I choose this hotel mostly because I found a great deal on-line, but price aside, it was an all-round great stay. The hotel location is great - right off the highway, right on the trolley line and well within walking distance of all the main downtown attractions. The staff members were welcoming and especially accommodating. The rooms were spacious and clean (the beds especially, made for a great night sleep). In response to other reviews that call for an updating, the hotel is slated to undergo a major renovation as part of its Sheraton re-branding and evidence to this effect can be seen in the hotel lobby. While I may not be able to find the same deal again, this is definitely my hotel of choice for Memphis.

Room Tip: Fantastic fitness facilities and they have a good-sized (indoor) pool, so bring running shoes and a bathing suit!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Greetings Melwol -

BRAVO! Thank you so much for your excellent review of our hotel and staff! We really do our best to be the best and provide the best to our guests! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. It is the only AAA 5 diamond rated bed in the industry and we are so proud to deliver that quality to our guests. Our renovation will be completed the end of September and I hope you get a chance to come back and enjoy the new product! Have a great day!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton last month because I was unable to get a hotel closer to Beale Street for a decent price.

The hotel was nice (about average) but it was in need of an upgrade. Also things seemed a bit dirty.

The price for the room was good however I drove and the only option for parking was to valet park. The cost for that was relatively high.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel A

Hello Daniel,

Good news...our update is starting next month and all rooms are being renovated as well as our public space. We are so excited as this is going to totally transform this big hotel into a downtown diamond! Beale Street is great.....but it is very loud down there at night....so if you are the into the nightlife then it works great! If you are early to bed and early to rise...not so good! Thanks so much for your review and for staying with us! Hope you get to come back and see the big change at the hotel this fall!
Warm Regards,