“Great location”

Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
Ranked #18 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Somehow I missed the fact that Valet parking was mandatory ughh... but the hotel is located right next to the trolley tracks and is only 1 mile from Beale St.. The bell man was very nice..

About an hour before we arrived, a storm knocked out the AC unit to the hotel.. it was fixed and running within a couple of hours.. we set our AC at 65 degrees at 4pm.. it was still 78 degrees in our room at 9am the next morning.. called front desk 3 times about the AC, they were apologetic but never offered any solutions.. We were more than ready to check out..

On a side note, the kids enjoyed the heated pool...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear AdamS.

My sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the AC unit. I'm not exactly sure why we were not able to move you to another room or offer you a fan but I will definitely share this with our team at the Front Desk to avoid having this happen to another guest! We are starting a renovation here very soon and I hope that when you return to Memphis you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you and the family! Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My friends and I had planned to visit this location June 6, 2014 for a girls trip to Memphis. Unfortunately, my friend became ill with a Staph infection and she wasn't going to be able to go. My other friend her mom is in the hospital. Everything happened so fast and today (June 5,2014) I tried to cancel my reservation and I found out that it was way past the cancellation deadline. My friends and I were going to cut the bill in half ($200) and only pay $50 each. Anyways... Turns out I would have been stuck with the whole bill because I wasn't going to make them pay--especially for something that was out of their control. I expressed my concern to Sheraton and told them that I couldn't pay the $200 in an e-mail. About 4:00p I got a call from Brittney who works at Sheraton. She was very helpful and calm and I told her what all happened and she expressed empathy. To make a long story short-- they cancelled my reservation with no charge. I'm truly thankful for them. I hate that I didn't get to stay at this nice hotel-- but I will definitely be back in the future! If you're looking for a hotel, I would definitely suggest this. Especially from the helpfulness from staff-- and just their personalities and willingness to help.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krys90

Hello Krys90,

That was very kind of you to take the time to acknowledge Brittany for providing you with great service. We at the hotel are human and have feelings just like every guest that stays with us. We understand that medical emergencies happen and I am so glad we were able to help you out with your situation. I hope everyone is feeling better by now. We look forward to you staying with us in the future!
Take Care,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a rather long and circuitous journey before arriving here fairly late in the evening, so we were pleased with the valet parking arrangements and very pleasantly surprised with the food in the hotel restaurant which was lovely and surprisingly good value. There are a number of choices for breakfast, but we opted for the buffet both mornings and were very pleased with the choice that includes made to order omelettes and waffles (yum yum yum). The rooms were well presented and comfortable (once the reception got the door cards working!) but as the hotel is located close to the free-way, there may be some traffic noise. The trolley bus stops directly outside the hotel, costs a$1 whatever the length of the journey, but have the correct change as the driver doesn't have any, and this will soon whisk you up the street to the Civil Rights Museum (a don't miss for us), Beale Street, the Autozone baseball stadium etc; very convenient. My only niggle is that in room wifi is an additional cost in the room (although free in public areas) and I feel that this should be a free basic facility in rooms by now. Overall happy here and happy to stay again, if only for the waffles :-) .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Phil Norwich,

My sincere appreciation for writing a very nice review of our hotel. We always celebrate our successes and work hard to improve when we fail. So happy that you had a great stay with us. Just wanted to let you kow that our Wifi is complimentary. I'm not sure where the miscommunication came but it is free throughout the hotel and even in your room! Thanks so much for staying with us and we look forward to having you back here next time you're in Memphis!
All the Best,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for a night on our way from Indiana to West Texas and wished we could have stayed longer. Check-in was easy and they were exceptionally kind to our 18-month old (he was sleepy and cranky and they got us upstairs with a crib for a nap very quickly). The room was spacious with a great view over Memphis. The trolley is right outside the lobby which was perfect for heading the Beale St and seeing the couple of landmarks we had time for. If we're ever back in Memphis we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear WestTXTravelGirl,

We are so happy to receive such a wonderful review of your experience at the hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed the location as it's far enough from the noise of downtown Memphis and close enough to hop on the trolley and get to all the fun things Memphis has to offer! Come back soon...we already miss you!
Cheers,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

While the bed and pillows were the best part of the room, everything else was old and outdated. The lobby was clean but not inviting, flowers would have been big help. We asked for a river view when making our reservations but upon checking in at 4:00 pm we were told no rooms with a river view were available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank txgals

Greetings Txgals,

We have been making improvements to the hotel ever since it converted to a Sheraton last August. It started with our new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, followed by the renovation of the pool and fitness center, and now, all 600 of our rooms will be renovated starting June 22nd. We are very excited to continue with improving our hotel for all of our guests. Thanks for staying with us and I hope when you come back to Memphis you give us another opportunity.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Overall the Hotel is well kept but it is showing its age. The Club floor lounge had families take advantage of the breakfast buffet which is nicely done though there was no place to sit. Great views of the Mississippi River, great staff and fast checkin.
Housekeeping needs to be addressed. We had 2 rooms and both bathroom doors had not been cleaned until we brought it to housekeeping attention. (Vomit on one and some other unsavory matter on the other)
The lounge had great staff but the seating is not really comfortable and looks more like a restaurant dressed up as a lounge.
The location allows terrific access to Beale Street. Walk or ride the Trolley's. Lots of fun. Along the way pass by restaurants and shops. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ensure you are higher up and with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MASIAI

Dear Masiai,
I'm so sorry to read about the housekeeping challenges you had with your rooms. I'm glad that we responded in a timely manner to correct this for you. The feedback we receive from our guests is very important to the success of our hotel as we use it for training purposes with our team. Thanks so much for staying with us and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

While the room was very comfortable and very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable, and smoke free, and the buffet breakfast was fresh, plentiful and there was an omelet station, the TABLE service for coffee, milk and juice was VERY slow because they were short staffed. Otherwise our stay was most pleasant and yes, I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Smoke FREE rooms are not really smoke free. They are cleaned to be smoke free. Also, ask from a room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Loves2travel271,
What a nice review you wrote of your experience at the hotel. I agree with you, our beds are the BEST in the industry! We were able to put all new beds in the hotel last August and our guests love them. One of the best sleeps I've ever had. So glad you enjoyed the food in the restaurant. Our Chef will be thrilled to read this! Have a wonderful day.
Cheers,