Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
US$320
US$272
Travelocity
1,349 results
All reviewsconvention centermemphis downtownbeale streetthe club loungevalet parkingtrolley busnice hotelstarbucks coffeebuffet breakfastvalet servicemain streetbassmississippi rivercorner roomindoor poolthe room was nicefew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

For the price and the brand name, I expected more. Everything is a bit old and out dated. They are in process of updated everything. The staff was very friendly. And the hotel does have a great location. I hope they can pull their act together because it could have been great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Manos773,
We have alot of work to do here since we took this over by Marriott last August. We renovated our pool and fitness center and now we are doing all the rooms, lobby, restaurant, bar, etc. We will be the gem of downtown Memphis in just a few months! Thanks for staying with us and I guarantee when you return you will have a whole new experience.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for three days for a wedding and really can't say much about hotel. The beds were the best part of the stay. The overpriced valet, $22 per night is a steep price, but the alternative was not acceptable. The hotel is tired looking and is going through a renovation, but from what expereinced, the management team really needs to step up. If the management team is tired, so will the employees and all the facelifting will not make this hotel any better. There are just too many things that were not acceptable, for my liking to rate this hotel any higher.

Room Tip: The servers made the decision to close buffet one hour prior to close time. Management got mad and all patrons had to hear the discussion. Most of staff complained or were unattentive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Everybody was very very friendly and helpful. Hotel was very nice. Only wish the hallways were a little cooler and that the room had a fridge (no fridge was my oversight for not looking at the specifications closer). I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Trolley picks up right outside!

Room Tip: If you want to be able to see the river, you'll have to stay up pretty high because of the convention center right in front of the hotel.

Dear Catherine,
Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff. It is always appreciated when a guest takes time to acknowledge them. Too many times guests treat them badly and they deserve to be respected just like anyone else! I can't wait to share this with the team.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were in town for a large family reunion and had planned to stay 3 nights but just stayed 2. Upon arrival we were greeted by the valet folks and they were friendly and explained the parking options of $21 valet or $10 across the street. We went with valet. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly enough but it took us 40 minutes to get checked in - we had requested adjoining rooms or at least next to each other. Anyway, they eventually got it figured out. They gave a $50 credit for the hassle. The rooms were a decent size and our view of the river was very nice. Our fridge did not work and when we called they said they would send someone up - never happened. Our air was ok but we heard from others that they had problems. Our second night there the toilet overflowed and it took awhile to get that resolved. Our room was not stocked with coffee the second day so I went to the front desk and the lady gave me one bag and wanted to charge me for the next one! The location is decent and close enough to walk to Beale and some other attractions. We took the bus once and it was fine as well. We really enjoyed Memphis but this hotel should be a lot better for the price paid. Some of the staff was very friendly while many seemed bothered. I would not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bridge and river

Dear Benzacki,
I agree with you. Your stay could have been much better had we done the job we were supposed to do. This is one reason why the reviews and feedback from our guests are so important...so that we can identify the problems and fix them so another guest does not have the same experience. My sincere apologies to you for not getting the refrigerator or your in-room amenities stocked. I will be sharing this with the housekeeping team at their next morning line-up!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just checked in and Dominique was super friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. They are going through an update but the bed is REALLY comfortable and room was very clean. I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2014
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dominque is the BEST! Thanks for giving her a "shout" out! I will be sure to publish this in our daily newsletter for everyone to read! I'm glad you are enjoying the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed! It is incredible. Nothing better than a comfy bed to sleep in and sometimes that's hard to find! Enjoy the rest of your stay...if you're still here!
Cheers,