“Excellent hotel and location”

Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Memphis
Jacksonville
“Excellent hotel and location”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Sheraton is currently undergoing renovation of their lobby area but this does not take away from the 5 star quality service given by employees. The beds and pillow are the best I have ever slept on. Our event was catered by their staff and the food was delicious. You step out the front door and the trolley/bus service is right at your feet for only a dollar. Only a 3 minute ride to Beale Street. David Stewart was our sales/event coordinator. Please give him our best regards. Very professional. I would have given the hotel 5 stars but the toilet took forever to flush which is only a minor thing. When you check in please ask for a fridge for the room.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor on the South tower. I had a great view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Biglee 31548
I will take "5 Stars" any day! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are all about creating great memories for our guests and it sounds like we have accomplished our mission. I will also be recognizing David Stewart at our next employee rally and thanking him for a job well done! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. I've been in this business for over 20 years and this is by far the best bed I have ever slept in at a hotel. It's also the only 5 Star Triple AAA rated bed in the industry. I'm so happy we WOW'd you and hope when you have your next event....it's at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown.
Dan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I giving this hotel five stars it was great from check in to check out, there service was great ,thank you some much valet guy, Anthony, Eddie, camron and also tron the guy at the front desk. this hotel is also in a great location very easy access to enjoy yourself while your in Memphis.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Pauletta H.

WOW....thank you so much for acknowledging Anthony, Eddie, Cameron and Teron. They will all receive special recognition at our next employee rally for providing excellent service to you during your stay! I'm so proud of them all and sincerely appreciate your review! Thanks so much for staying with us....even through our renovations! I hope you come back soon.
Warm Regards,
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed there in our visit to Memphis last April.
It is a big hotel, a little far from downtown, but a trolley take you to most attractions and restaurants.
Service is good, helpful.
Room are big, clean and well kept. We were at a high floor and our room were in the corner with big windows and nice views.
Good breakfast at club level.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carmo_Brasil
Dear Carmo_Brasil,
You travelled a long way just to stay with us...I'm feeling honored! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it sounds like you were on a Club Level floor which have great views of the city and the Mississippi River! Thank you for the nice review....it keeps the entire staff motivated to do their best when our guests appreciate them as much as we appreciate our guests! Now you have a great place to stay if you ever make it back to Memphis.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm not really the 'write a review' type of person, however i do read them for my decision on a place to stay. We stayed at the Sheraton last week for 2 nights, and had a GREAT ROOM. It was a king bed in the corner surrounded by windows. The view was breathtaking. This was a pleasure holiday for my husband and I, and it did not disappoint. Everyone at the hotel was very accommodating with their 'southern hospitality'. Special mention would have to go to Betty and Helen in the Club Room. They took the time to get to know us, and gave us valuable information about the surroundings etc. They are both so sweet and a huge asset to your hotel. The valet parking were also so great-I don't remember the young fellow's name, but he was always running to get the car-we kept saying 'take your time, we're on holidays'. He was very efficient. I am also a Travel Agent from Canada and i will be most certainly recommend your hotel to anyone heading to your area. Ps, we had the club priviledges-the breakfast was perfect for a morning start and we managed to hit the evening snack one night. THANK YOU AGAIN:)

Room Tip: end room with full windows.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear 363Holiday,
You just made my day! Our team is working very hard under extraordinary circumstances to take care of our guests and I am delighted to read that they delivered a wonderful experience and memory for you! I moved here a year ago from California and was really looking forward to the "Southern Hospitality" aspect of Memphis and it definitely resignates throughout our hotel. I'm so proud of our team here for doing their best every day. Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I hope you come back and see us again in the future...we have a lot of new changes happening at the hotel and we are looking forward to providng an excellent experience to our guests - from accommodations to service!
All the Best,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for three nights in May 2014 at the Downtown Memphis Sheraton. It was a good deal for the price, which was somewhat lower than a lot of the competition in the area. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice enough building, though sort of a generic chain hotel. It is right across the street from the convention center if that is what you are in town for, and a pretty short walk to Beale Street, the Peabody, Redbirds stadium, the Orpheum, the bluffs, Cotton museum, (etc). Walking back to the hotel on the late-ish side, the last block or so is somewhat deserted, though if this concerns you there are plenty of cabs around (and we did see late night security guards in some other nearby buildings). Only very minor issue we had with the room was that in one corner of the bathroom, the ceiling tile was a little worn/looked a little tired. We would still definitely stay again though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Laurenjamie816
I certainly appreciate your review! What a breath of fresh air. We strive to be the best in Memphis and I'm so happy to read you had a great stay with us! We are currently making some fantastic upgrades to our property and I hope you will come back and experience the new change! It's very exciting. Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! Much appreciated.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Niece wanted to see Beale St, so we stopped in Memphis on our way back to Texas. Valet parking was mandatory and when we entered hotel the construction for the lobby demolition was very loud. Had to go up to the second floor to a temporary check-in site. Overall, we were not impressed by the service or atmosphere at this hotel. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Buddiesmom28,

I hope you were aware of our renovations prior to your arrival as we have communicated this information via our website, email, through Trip Advisor, Expedia, Hotwire, etc. It's nevery easy having to stay in a full service hotel under construction but we are doing our best to serve our guests. My sincere apologies to you. We are looking forward to having the best hotel in downtown Memphis in just a few short months.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately we were in town visiting someone having tests run at a nearby hospital. It was a difficult time for our family and we had enough to deal with without having to be hassled by a hotel late at night. Well this hotel staff certainly did not disappoint. First of all, they gave us an amazing military discount. They genuinely treated us with concern for our situation, made us feel very welcome and took care of all of our needs (and this was all before we even made it to the room). Secondly, the room was absolutely huge! The walk-in shower was heavenly, and the bed was the most comfortable featherbed I have ever slept in. It was the best night sleep I have ever had in a hotel (and being in the military I have stayed in hotels all over the world). Finally, the breakfast was right on par with the rest of our stay, so many options and all of it was extremely good. We HIGHLY recommend staying here!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cucchiaj,

WOW! Thank you so much for the kind words about your stay at our hotel. The staff is doing their best under our current circumstances to take care of the guest and words such as yours will bring many smiles to the faces of our team! I hope everything worked out for the best for you and your family and from the bottom of our hearts...thank you for serving our country and keeping us all safe! I hope next time you visit Memphis it will be under better circumstances.
Warmest Regards,