“Good Hotel, Great Location.”

Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
Ranked #20 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Hotel, Great Location.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We spent one night at this hotel. The hotel was under construction making the public areas inaccessible. The front desk was temporary in a small meeting room. The staff at the front desk, however, were helpful and efficient.

Our room was clean and spacious, the beds comfortable. The Memphis Trolley is available just outside the hotel for easy transportation to the Beale St. area.

As we were travelling on motorcycles, we parked them ourselves. We were told the fee would be $22 since we were only taking up one parking space. However, in the morning our bill showed $44 for two vehicles. After wasting 30 minutes of our morning we were able to get this discrepancy fixed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank James F
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear James,
Very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We have the best bed in the hotel industry and very proud of it. My sincere apologies to you about the parking charge issue. I'm glad we got it resolved for you but sorry it took 30 minutes to make that happen. I have also sent this review over to our Parking Manager to share with his team as this feedback helps us get better and better every day. Thanks for staying with us and if you come through Memphis in the future, I hope you will choose us again!
Dan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is under construction which makes everything a little less polished than normal. Valet guys were quick and polite. Room was comfortable and clean. Stayed on club level which was really nice for breakfast and evening snacks and drinks right there. Excellent fitness center with cardio machines, free weight and weight machines.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank domyno50
Dear Domyno50,

Thanks for staying with us with our renovation going on! I'm happy to read you enjoyed our newly renovated fitness center. We are very excited to finish the rest of the hotel and I guarantee we will be the "gem" of downtown Memphis. I hope you will be able to come back in the future and stay in the new rooms...and our club lounge is getting a nice makeover as well. We truly appreciate your review....many thanks.
Warm Regards,
Florissant, Missouri
Reviewed 17 August 2014

All Hotel Personnel that we came in contact with was helpful and friendly. When we thought we were stranded downtown in the dark one night because of a freaky power outage, Rudolf, a hotel employee was on Beale Street at the right time and the right place to rescue us, and even though he was on his break he still helped us, so we are totally grateful and will never forget his kindness. We were treated like royalty at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our visit in Memphis, my favorite place to visit every year. Check-in was easy. Valets, bus-people, housekeepers, etc., were all friendly and good at their jobs. I made use of the fitness room which was well lit and clean.Loved staying here at the Sheraton.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Margaret E
Dear Margaret,

That was a very odd incident that happened with the power outage last Saturday night down on Beale Street! Thanks for recognizing Rudolph for his extraordinary service! He is one great employee and we are so lucky to have him on our staff! I know where you will be staying when you come back next year....right here...at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown! And we await your next arrival with open arms! Thanks so much for a wonderful review. We love making our guests feel special!!
Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

From Wisconsin and first time in Memphis. My boyfriend and I enjoyed everything about the trip. I read some of the reviews about this hotel before we booked and I must admit, I was a little leary. I can honestly say that I'm glad we stayed here. We loved it! All of the staff were very nice especially Simon in valet.. very polite! Loved his is southern hospitality:-) The renovation did not affect us in any way and the hotel staff made sure of it! As for our room, very clean and up to date. The housekeeping staff was very attentive to our needs. I was spoiled and the sheraton down town Memphis will be my first choice when I visit again. Keep up the good work!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori H
Dear Lori H.

I LOVE people from Wisconsin.....probably because I was raised in Green Bay!!!! Such great people from the midwest. Thank you so much for acknowledging our staff for a job well done. I am actually putting this review on our daily newsletter for tomorrow's distribution! We celebrate our successes all the time and I'm so thankful for your review! Simon will get special recognition at our next employee rally!
Best,
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. When we first got to the hotel, they charged us $22 for valet parking. Then they made us wait in the lobby for an hour while the rooms were being "cleaned". The people at the desk were just watching us wait and made no effort to call or check on the progress of the "cleaning". They were rude and just didn't seem to care for their customers. Don't waste your time with this horrible hotel. It's not worth it. Go somewhere else.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Ari T
Dear Ari T,

My sincere apologies to you for the wait on the room. I don't know what time you came to the hotel before check-in time it is possible that you may have to wait as there are many times we have a full house the night before. As far as the parking, the fees are posted on our website and we are very competitive with all the downtown hotels. Please call me at 901-214-3717 so I can get more details from you and research why you had to wait an hour for your room. We always want to make it right for our guests.
UK
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We managed to get a great deal to stay here for a couple of days in order to visit the city. The hotel room was really nice and the lobby area was very clean. The staff were helpful the day we were leaving by holding our bags for us after we checked out and helping us with directions.

The trolley service was very handy with a stop right outside the Sheraton that takes you to Beale street.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tomorrow's J
Dear Tomorrows J,

I certainly appreciate the kind words about your stay with us. We have several team members who go on Trip Advisor frequently to read what our guests have to say and it is always very nice when a guest takes the time to write about their experience at the hotel as many people do not take the time to write when they have a great stay with us. Thanks so much and we look forward to having you back again soon!
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I normally never take the time to write a review, but I am so displeased that I feel compelled this time. I reserved this hotel via Hotwire, and had no idea that the hotel is undergoing extensive renovations (then found that Hotwire is also charging more for the room than is listed on the Sheraton's website, but that is another issue). Check-in was in a second floor ballroom (I get that everyone is making due), but did not appreciate that I had a dirty bathtub that was "permanently stained that way" according to housekeeping, and there was zero offer to switch me and my kids to a different room (when your male child refuses to get in a shower because it is dirty, that is a problem). I did not make a big fuss since I had to call 3 times before someone would pick up the phone in the first place, and it seemed that everyone had other things to do. Then, it is not comforting to wake up to hammering at 7 a.m. while on vacation. Also, although I am normally flawlessly thorough on making sure that I have repacked everything prior to departure, I somehow left some earrings and a Gucci watch on the bathroom counter. I have had zero follow up since the first day; which is disappointing since housekeeping walked into my room right after I walked out of it (they were in the hallway), so there is no way that no one found the items. It's a shame that we live in such a dishonest world. So, if you aren't someone that wants to sleep in, and doesn't care if staff does not respond to you, or takes your things, then this is the place to stay. The only upside was at least the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room--the other rooms are terrible.