“Helpful desk clerk, DIRTY ROOM”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #90 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
“Helpful desk clerk, DIRTY ROOM”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When we first checked in after driving all night the night desk clerk was rude. The day clerk was not only pleasant, but he was very helpful and suggested place to see. The room was poor, the cover on the bed was dirty and stained. The walls appeared to have mold and/or mildew. The walls were dirty with food and or trash on the near the trash cans. It looked like some areas of the hotel was being remodeled but clearly we was in an older run down room. Close to interstate and about 5 mins from downtown. Quality Inn was rather lacking in the quality.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank grammy1105

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Scottsburg, Indiana
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We were the first guest in our room since they changed the beds and furniture. Beds were super comfortable and the lamps had outlets were you could actually reach things. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean cheap hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shannon W
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We went for a relaxing girls weekend. Once we left I had an additional $50 charge on my debit card. When I called to inquire about it I was informed the charge was for a blanket. WHY would we steal a blanket you can buy at Walmart for $5? We had taken the blanket off one bed and placed it on the ground behind the door. I was informed a manager would call me back that day. I never received the call. The next morning I called and the manager said I did the blanket was not in there. I told them the blanket on the second bed was behind the door. They should go look. He told me to hold and proceeded to hang-up on me. I called back and they immediately hung-up again. I called a third time and they let the phone ring until an automated system picked-up. This is unacceptable and unprofessional. I will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kathleen K

Travellers are raving about these Memphis hotels

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for two nights and it was a positive surprise. The staff was great; very friendly and helpful. The room was nothing special but the beds were good as well as the bathroom. Overall our room was nice and clean. The location of the hotel was okay but be prepared to take a taxi or walk for about 20 minutes if you want to go to the Beale street. The world-famous Sun Studio is located quite near the hotel!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Washington, Illinois
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had a difficult time finding lodging in Memphis due to the BBQ festival, so ended up staying here on a recent Thursday evening. This place is a MOTEL. The rooms open right to the parking lot and it's fairly busy and noisy on the road in front during the day. The entire place is rundown and in need of repair and some TLC. The room and the entire motel was beat up, dingy, and made us both feel unhappy. It wasn't really dirty, but the bedspread in our room had multiple stains on it (YUCK), and there was plenty of dusty scummy stuff wherever the sweeper couldn't easily reach (between nightstand and bed where the light shone - another yuck. The bed was comfy, though, and the room quite at night, so that was a big plus. Luckily we showered that morning, because we couldn't get any hot water out of the faucet. Just barely warm. The breakfast food was poorly tended to. We arrived before 8am and there were no napkins, no cleaned tables, two little sausage links in one of the heating trays, and the coffee was almost gone. The attendant didn't show for a full 15 minutes, at which time she sashayed out with a small bowl of sausages, ignored the napkins and coffee and promptly returned to her safe hiding place behind the front desk. The front desk people touted the fact that the trolley stop is close to their location, but the trolley stops running at 6pm thru the week, so we opted to take a taxi. The fee was $15 each direction to Beale (which added $30 plus to tip to our fairly cheap room fare). My big beef is the folks at the front desk knew we wanted to go to Beale and were upset about missing the 6pm trolley (we arrived close to 6). They had a shuttle service picking up other guests for $3 fee, but didn't tell us. Just gave us the taxi phone number. We also paid about $80 per night, before taxes, but add close to $40 for taxi fare, it was no bargain. I strongly discourage anyone to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurieuhoo
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Disgusting!!! Ugly, old, dingy, dilapidated place. Very overpriced at $80 for one weeknight in a dump! Close to downtown was the ONLY good thing about it. It was dirty and our sink hardly drained. The toilet only flushed when the handle was held down for about 30 seconds.
Top this off with the large cockroach we found in our bathroom in the morning!!! I would have demanded a refund and left had we seen it the night before.
Stay away from this gross place. We were in room 178.

Room Tip: Room 178 is horrible but I suspect all the rooms are just as bad.